This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is so moist and the flavor is unbelievably delicious! With it’s subtle yet refreshing lemon taste, this will be one quick bread you want to make over and over again!
Poppyseed Bread is one of my favorite quick bread recipes. I love the flavor and the easiness. Lately, I have been on such a lemon kick that I knew I wanted to incorporate that flavor into my favorite Poppyseed Bread recipe.
The lemon really gives it such a refreshing taste without being to overpowering. The hot glaze is infused into each bite, not only enhancing the flavor but creating a very moist cake. It is so moist and almost melts in your mouth.
Definitely put this on your must try list! It whips up quick and will quickly become a new favorite in your house, too!
- 2½ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⅛ cups oil
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zext
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk sugar and eggs together in a large bowl.
- Add oil and milk and whisk until well blended.
- Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon zest and poppy seeds and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour into 2 greased (9x5 inch) bread pans or 5 greased mini bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes or until done. Test with toothpick in center for doneness.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla into a medium sauce pan. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil. Once a boil has been reached, poke holes in the top of bread loaves with a fork and drizzle and evenly distribute glaze over the tops.