***GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED****
You all know by now how much I LOVE my Crock Pot. Hands down, my favorite kitchen appliance. I couldn’t tell you how many times it has saved dinner at my house.
I was beyond excited when Crock Pot contacted me to introduce you to their new line of Crock Pots, Crock-Pot® Create-A-Crock™. These Crock Pots are so fun! You pick the look and YOU pick the pictures you want featured on the Crock Pot itself! The design is completely personalized to your liking. You can choose to have your favorite NFL team’s logo and colors displayed on it, or make it more personal with some of your own photos.
I chose to use some of the photos of my personal favorite Crock Pot recipes I have made made in the past to display on my new Crock-Pot® Create-A-Crock™. From the moment it was delivered to my door, I could not stop smiling because an appliance I love so much, now had a part of me on it. To make your very own Crock-Pot® slow cooker, head over to www.crock-pot.com and play around with the different looks and designs.
I knew instantly that I wanted to make an appetizer with my new Crock-Pot® Create-A-Crock™ to share with you. My family is ALL about the appetizers. This recipe is perfect to serve at your New Year’s party or at your next football party. The ground beef with the cream cheese mixture really makes this dip a crowd pleaser.
Crock Pot Hamburger Dip
By December 28, 2012
This dip is so easy to make and is a definite crowd pleaser!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapenos
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- In skillet, brown ground beef with onion, and jalapeño pepper. Once ground beef is browned and cooked completely, drain off any excess fat. Pour drained ground beef mixture into crock pot.
- Add in tomato sauce, garlic, salt, sugar, ketchup, oregano, cubed cream cheese, parmesan cheese and chili powered. Stir ingredients together to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours or until cream cheese melts and dip can be thoroughly combined.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve directly from the crockpot or move to a serving bowl, with tortilla chips for dipping.
(recipe adapted from About.com)
Now for the fun giveaway! Crock-Pot® Create-A-Crock™ is generously giving away one of Chef in Training’s lucky readers a Crock-Pot Calendar Cookbook, three Crock-Pot seasoning mixes and a Crock-Pot slotted spoon. What an AWESOME package!
Here is how to enter:
Giveaway ends on New Years Eve, December 31st.