This Raspberry Poke Cake is so simple and such a wonderful dessert! It has a wonderful berry filling infused into each bite of cake that is both tart and sweet.
Poke cakes are such an easy and beautiful dessert. I love bringing them to get togethers because they are always a hit!
Raspberries have become one of my favorite fruits within the last couple years. I used to think they were to tart, but now I love that added punch of flavor that burst within your mouth. This cake contains a Raspberry Sauce is that both tart and sweet and is infused into each bite. It brings such an enjoyable component to the cake. It is then topped with a pudding topping that knocks the whole recipe out of the park!
If you are looking for an easy dessert that tastes incredible, give this a try!
- 1 box white cake mix + ingredients it called for
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups raspberries
- ¾ cup cold water
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large box INSTANT vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cool whip, thawed to room temperature
- Prepare cake according the directions on the box. Pour into a greased 9x13 glass pan. Bake according to the directions on the box.
- In a medium saucepan combine raspberries, water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Over medium heat, bring to a boil stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. This usually takes about 5 to 7 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- When cake come out of the oven take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes into the cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the cake making sure some gets into each hole.
- Pour Raspberry Sauce evenly over cake over the sweetened condensed milk. Spread a little bit if necessary.
- Let cake cool cake completely
- Combine pudding and milk and beat for 3 minutes. Set in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cool whip and spread over cooled cake.