Several of my family members are huge Tres Leches Cake fans. What is not to love about a variety of creamy milks combining together and soaking and saturating each and every bite?!
This Tres Leches Bread Pudding is a dessert or breakfast that will wow your company. It is SO simple to throw together but tastes so fancy and special! It is absolutely perfect for the holidays!
The layers of bread just melt in your mouth. It is heaven with each and ever bite.
That said, the real magic of this recipe is found in the Vanilla Cream Sauce. Oh. My. Gosh. It is to die for! I could drink this stuff…. I wish I were kidding!
The Vanilla Cream Sauce and bread pudding combine together to bring you melt-in-your-mouth amazingness! Don’t miss out on this recipe!
- 1 loaf french bread, thinly sliced and cut into quarters
- 2¼ cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 large egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- 1⅓ cups butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cups sugar
- Grease 9x13 baking pan.
- Place bread slices in pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, rum extract, salt and egg yolks until smooth.
- Pour over bread and bake 375 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and set.
- Serve warm and top with Vanilla Cream Sauce.
- In saucepan, melt butter on medium low heat. Add flour and cook 10 minutes, stir continually. Add salt, cream, and sugar and stir until mixture becomes thick.. Remove from hear and stir in vanilla. Pour warm over Bread pudding.