You have heard me say it before but I will say it again, I am absolutely obsessed with Samoa Cookies! I like to do different takes on them to change things up a bit!…
These cookies are about as simple as they get. The chocolate cookies are created using a cake mix and the frosting is a simple yet utterly delicious recipe that will wow whoever samples it. Throw in some Toasted coconut and these cookies are soft, chewy, chocolate-caramely-coconut goodness!
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix, dry
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- . . SALTED CARAMEL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING, .
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3½ cups powdered sugar, more or less depending on desired consistency
- ½ cup caramel topping
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 Tbsp. milk, more or less depending on desired consistency
- 1½ cups toasted coconut
- Mix cake mix, eggs and oil together in a large bowl. Roll dough into small balls. Gently flatten and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350 F for 8-10 minutes. BUT DO NOT OVER BAKE! Its better to be a little undercooked but not over cooked. The softer the better. Let cookies cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, make Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting. In a large bowl, cream softened butter. Add powdered sugar, caramel topping, vanilla and milk. Add more milk and/or powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Place a little bit of frosting on the bottom half of each cookie. Gently press some toasted coconut over the tops of frosting. Press the two bottom halves together to create oreo sandwich cookie. Repeat for all cookies.
Looking for similar recipes?!
Try out these: