I adore Greek food. I actually crave feta cheese on a regular basis :)
I was really in the mood for some Greek cuisine last week and decided to change up they way I cooked my chicken. The end result was tender, easily shreddible, favorable chicken breasts with Greek flair. I actually made it two nights in a row I loved it so much! The first night we ate it as is with feta sprinkled on top. The feta softened up over the warm chicken and was rich in flavor. We served it with a side of Greek Salad and sliced Pita bread. The second night we made it for Greek Gyros and they tasted fabulous!
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
By July 28, 2013Published:
- Yield: 3-4 Servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs 0 min
- Ready In: 6 hrs 5 mins
This chicken is extremely tender, easy to make and full of delicious flavor!
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. Greek Rub I use The Pampered Chef brand
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 chicken bullion cubes
- Line slow cooker with liner or cooking spray.
- Rub each chicken breast with Greek Rub to coat generously on each side.
- Next, rub about 1/2 Tablespoon of garlic on each chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast in slow cooker and drizzle lemon juice over the top.
- Crumble and stir 2 chicken bullion cubes in 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Once dissolved and stirred as best as possible. Pour over chicken. Cover with slow cooker lid.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until cooked through and tender.
Here is a link for The Pampered Chef Greek Rub that I use. It is one of my favorite rubs ever!