You all know by now that I love my slow cooker, but I had yet, before this recipe, to try a dessert using that wonderful appliance. I don’t know what took me so long to try it out!
Cobbler is so yummy to me. I know most people enjoy it in the summertime, but I tend to enjoy it more in the winter. It just warms me up and the fruitiness makes the cold season a little more bearable :) This recipe comes from one of my favorite recipe sources, Taste of Home. It was seriously delicious!
Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler
By January 11, 2013
- Yield: 8 Servings
An easy recipe that is perfect for that sweet tooth craving.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberrires
- 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, 3 Tbsp. sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk and canola oil. Whisk together until completely blended.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Spread over the bottom of a 5qt slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour and salt. Next add in raspberries and blueberries (fresh or frozen will work) and lemon juice. Stir to completely and evenly coat the raspberries and blueberries with the sugar-flour.
- Evenly distribute the raspberries and blueberries over batter. Cover and cook on LOW for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until batter is cooked through.
- Top with ice cream or frozen yogurt if desired.
(Recipe from: Taste of Home)