German pancakes are one of my favorite breakfasts. I remember my first time having these as a small girl, probably around 8 years old. I was at my Uncle’s house. His family raved about this breakfast non-stop. When I saw the pan pulled out of the oven, I was blown away by how neat it looked. Puffed up way above the pan like a mountainous dish of pancake. It was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and then when I took a bite, one of the TASTIEST things I had ever put in my mouth.
After I made them for myself for the first time years ago, I couldn’t believe how EASY they are to make. They require minimal ingredients and all of which you probably have on hand.
I came across this recipe idea at Real Mom Kitchen (one of my favorite blogs) and was blown away by how great this idea and recipe was. Little personal German Pancakes! How perfect would this be for a shower or party brunch?! Her recipe is very similar to mine for German Pancakes, but I liked the idea of adding in some vanilla, something I will be doing to my own recipe from here on out.
I made these with my mom while visiting her house this last week and she made the most delicious blueberry syrup/sauce to go with it. It was the perfect complimentary flavor to these little beauties! Definitely give these a try! You will be blown away by how easy and delicious they are!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blend together eggs, flour, milk, salt vanilla and butter until smooth. We have always just dumped it all into a blender and done it that way.
- Pour patter into greased muffin tins until each muffin slot is filled about ½ way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until done and puffed up.
- Cook water, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it thickens up. Stir in blueberries and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Fill each mini german pancake with blueberry sauce.
(German Pancake recipe from: Real Mom Kitchen)