Turkey is a traditional Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas recipe.
Unless of course you are my father-in-law. Then, it could possibly be a weekly recipe :)
To be honest, the thought of cooking a Turkey stresses me out. You may remember my raw meat storing from here. This recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy is super easy and so delicious! My family loved it and I’m sure yours will too!
Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy
By December 20, 2012
This is an easy and delicious way to prepare turkey. Little effort for a meal that will wow your guests!
- Lightly spray a 5 or 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season thawed Turkey Breast with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken broth over turkey and place lid on top.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until turkey breast is cooked through.
- When Turkey is done, Remove turkey breasts, carve into nice slices if desired and place on serving tray and cover with foil to keep heat trapped while you prepare gravy.
- To make Gravy: Strain out any excess meat or fat from slow cooker broth. Then pour into a large sauce pan. Add an additional can of chicken broth to pan. Bring broth to a boil. Once broth is brought to a boil, combine COLD water and cornstarch, and stir to combine. Pour into boiling water slowly, stirring to combine. Continue to stir until mixture bubbles and thickens to desired consistency. Remove from heat.