I am so excited to introduce you to today’s first Cookie Exchange Blogger, Jamielyn from I Heart Nap Time. Jamielyn has become a good friend of mine through blogging. We met at a conference last year and roomed together at another conference after that. This girl is incredible and not only is her blog amazing, but she is such an awesome person, too!
Hi there! I’m Jamielyn from iheartnaptime.net and I’m SO excited to be here today. Over at my place you can find yummy recipes, holiday crafts and DIY Projects and I’m excited to share a recipe here with you. I absolutely adore Nikki and her fabulous blog. Isn’t she great?! I’m pretty sure I gain 5 pounds every time I visit. ;)
Cookie bars have to be one of my favorites. I’ve made so many different versions and this one has to be my favorite. I think I finally have perfected it… just in time for the holidays. ;) I’m excited to share my recipe with you.
M&M Cookie Bars
By November 13, 2012
These make the perfect treat for any holiday party and also make great neighbor gifts!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 11 oz. bag mini baking M&Ms save a few to sprinkle on top
- Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Mix together in a large bowl: sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix for about 1 minute, or until fluffy. Then slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
- Fold in m&m's and then place dough in a 13x9 baking sheet lined with foil. Then place a few M&M's on top.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- (Optional) For glaze: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar + 1 TB milk and drizzle over cookies once cooled.
For more Christmas ideas make sure to check out this post HERE.
I hope you all have a Happy Holidays! Thanks so much Nikki for having me.