Football season could be my very favorite! I LOVE the parties, the company and the food! I actually think I enjoy the food more than the actual game sometimes ;)
I have made this recipe SEVERAL times now. It is by far one of our family’s favorites! I first saw the recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything, but originally it came from The Recipe Club. These little snacker sandwiches are absolutely PERFECT for tailgate parties… or really any party… and will be DEVOURED faster than you can imagine. I sent these with my hubby to test out on his friends and he said they were gone in a matter of 5 minutes! I had probably one too many myself! Believe me when I say, they are DIVINE! I definitely keep this recipe in my party rotation. They are a huge hit with the crowds!
Ham and Swiss Sliders
By September 2, 2012
These are absolutely perfect finger foods for any get together or tailgate party! They disappear within minutes!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 24 white dinner rolls I LOVE King's Hawaiian Rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
- . POPPY SEED SAUCE . .
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mustard
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and miracle whip.
- Cut Rolls in halves. Spread mayonaise-miracle whip mixture on each side of the roll. Place a piece of honey ham and Swiss cheese on one half of each roll. Fold back into sandwich form.
- Place rolls close together in a greased 9x13 pan until pan in completely full.
- Mix together all ingredients of Poppy Seed Sauce. Spread evenly over the tops of all the rolls. *NOTE* I did not use all the sauce. Let the rolls set until the butter has set up a bit. Cover with aluminum foil and Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Rolls can be made a day ahead and stored in fridge until ready to bake.