School is back in session (for most) which means fall is right around the corner :) Fall is by far my favorite season! I love everything about it! The colors, the smells, the food, the change in heat… I really can’t wait for it to start!
This pound cake is wonderful and completely reminds me of fall with every bite. The Sparkling Cider give it a delicious and unique flavor. I have seen a few recipes out there for pound cake, so I combined a few and put my own twist with the Sparkling Cider and it turned out incredible!
Sparkling Cider Pound Cake with Sparkling Cider Glaze
By August 22, 2012
- Yield: 1 loaf
This recipe is incredible! The Sparkling Cider gives it such a unique and delicious flavor.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup shortening I use Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening and it has 0g Trans Fat per serving
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. butter extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Sparkling Cider I love Martinelli's brand
- . GLAZE . .
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Spakling Cider
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time along with the butter extract.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, baking powder, and flour and stir to evenly combine. Add alternately with 1/2 cup sparkling cider to the wet ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 60-70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and until a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk sparkling cider and powdered sugar until smooth consistency is reached. Poor over cooled pound cake.