My husband LOVES Oreo Truffles… almost a little too much! Sometimes I think he would feel complete in life if he could eat those for the rest of his life!
I love them too, but I also LOVE brownies!
Funny story for you.
I don’t think it is normal for a person to think about food as much as I do. Seriously… It is UNREAL! It seems I think the most about food when I am supposed to be fast asleep… which is a problem. People should not be thinking about food at 1 in the morning. My hubby and I were cuddling the other night falling asleep and then it dawned on me, in big neon letters in my mind, “OREO TRUFFLE BROWNIES.” Could it be?! I immediately turned to my husband, who was half asleep, and shook him until I knew he was responsive, then said, “Derek! You are going to LOVE what I cook up tomorrow!” I proceeded to go on and on about it and why it was such a fabulous concoction. Thank goodness he is so patient with his food blogging wife :)
I don’t know why I haven’t thought of this before. This recipe is a true winner! The next morning I googled it to see if it had been made before, and my cute friend from Crazy for Crust thought up the idea too. My recipe is different (I use my own Oreo Truffles and brownie recipe), but I wanted to give her a shout out too because great minds think alike :) My hubby took them into work and said they disappeared within minutes… there is nothing that makes my heart smile more than to hear people love my food! (okay there are a few things, but this is up there with them!)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreos
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened, add more as needed
- 10 oz. Dipping Chocolate, I used chocolate almond bark
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and blend well. Add vanilla, salt, cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat. Pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, make Oreo truffle layer. Crush Oreos finely in a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and smashing them until finely ground with a rolling pin. When Oreos are finely crushed, using hands (or a spoon, I just think hands are faster), mash softened cream cheese and crushed Oreos until well combined. Start with 4 oz and keep adding until desired consistency is reached. When Brownies have cooled completely, place layer of Oreo truffle on top.
- Melt dipping chocolate (you can use chocolate chips or other chocolate candy coating) and pour and spread evenly over the top of the Oreo truffle layer. Cover and put in fridge until set.