I had some bananas going bad that were sitting on my countertop and needed to use them up! I resorted to one of my favorite cookie recipes, my banana cookie recipe but wanted to put a delicious spin on it… of course, I resorted to Nutella!
These cookies were DELICIOUS! The moistness of the banana cookie with surprise streaks of Nutella made them perfect!
Do you have bananas starting to go bad?!… Give this recipe a try! You will be glad you did!
Nutella Banana Cookies
By August 5, 2012
These cookies are the perfect way to use up some ripe bananas! They taste amazing!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2 large mashed ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- Cut in shortening
- Beat in mashed ripe bananas and egg.
- Mix in oats.
- take a knife and "slice" nutella into batter with a knife. Don't mix it in completely, the stripes are what make them pretty!
- Spoon "drops" onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes. (Note: this is a lot softer than normal cookie dough and will not form balls, hence spoon “drops”)
- You can frost these cookies if you would like too! Here is my easy buttercream recipe: 1/2 cup butter-softened, 3 Tbsp. milk, 2 tsp. vanilla, 1 box (16 oz.) powdered sugar. Beat all ingredients together. You can add more milk or powdered sugar to get it to the consistency you want it.