I am obsessed with Eclairs! This pastry is delectable! I probably eat way to many when they are put in front of my face :) Many of you have seen my family’s recipe for Eclair Cake, and trust me, that recipe is OUTSTANDING! Definitely try it if you haven’t… it is way to easy and delicious to pass up :)
When I laid eyes upon this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, The Girl Who Ate Everything, I knew I had to give it a try. I adapted the recipe and the end result was FANTASTIC. It completely reminded me of a personal eclair, but with very little effort and very little time! We ate this to celebrate my baby sister’s birthday and there was none at the end of the day!
By August 20, 2012
This cake is so easy to make and will completely wow your guests! It is delicious!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- . FILLING . .
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box instant french vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 6 oz. cool whip thawed, about 3/4 of an 8 oz. container
- . TOPPING . .
- 2 oz. cool whip thawed, remaining cool whip from 8 oz. container
- chocolate syrup
- Boil water and butter together in a medium saucepan on stove. Then take it off the heat and add the flour and sugar and mix with hand mixer. Add and beat in eggs one at a time. Add in vanilla.
- Spread in a lightly greased 9x13 or a jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes, the cake will not be smooth or uniform in appearance. Let cool completely.
- Whisk instant pudding and milk together. Fold in cool whip. Spread over cooled crust.
- Spread layer of cool whip on top. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top.
(adapted from: The Girl Who ate Everything)