This cake is a classic! I don’t even know where this recipe originates from because I (and my mom) have been making it for YEARS! It is one of my “go-to” recipes for a easy and DELICIOUS dessert! It is “Better than Anything” because it combines all things great!… chocolate, caramel, sweetened condensed milk (is it just me or could anyone else drink that stuff?!), cool whip, and heath bars! Okay, wow… I feel like I need a piece right now!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, and any ingredients it requires
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 oz) jar caramel topping
- 1 (8 oz) container cool whip, thawed to room temp
- 3-6 Heath Candy Bars, chopped
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cake cool for about 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in cake with the handle end of a wooden spoon.
- While cake is still warm, slowly pour over sweetened condensed milk over the top making sure some gets in all the holes of the cake.
- Next drizzle the caramel topping evenly over the cake slowly, making sure some gets in all the holes as well.
- Once cake is completely cooled, Spread cool whip over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle with Heath Candy bar pieces.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge.
*NOTE* you can combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping in a separate bowl, stir together and then pour on cake, but I just use the easy method so I don’t have to dirty another dish :)