Spring is here and summertime is on its way! One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the in-season fruit available!
Strawberries are at a super good price right now! While you are buying some strawberries, don’t forget to make and stock up on one of my favorites, Freezer Strawberry Jam! Seriously… once you try this stuff, you will never by store bought jam again!
Today, I am sharing another great recipe using strawberries. It is the perfect dessert to take to your next BBQ or pot luck! This recipe always gets rave reviews and is always one of the first items to go! It is a crowd pleaser as it combines the perfect amounts of sweet and salty!
Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad
By May 17, 2012
Spring is here and summertime is on its way! One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the in-season fruit …
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (I used the checker shaped ones but you can also use sticks)
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 16 oz. cool whip thawed to room temperature
- 1 (6 oz) box Strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- Combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in the crushed pretzels. Press evenly on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure to get the cream mixture tight against the edges of the pan to prevent the jello mixture from seeping through.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from stove and add jello. Stir until Jello is dissolved. Add sliced strawberries. Pour over cream layer and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
recipe adapted from Favorite Family Recipes