Nutella. Pretzel. Brownies.
Could life get any better?!
These brownies are absolute heaven! I really could go on and on and ON about how much I loved these, but I will let the name, ingredients and picture do the talking :)
Nutella Pretzel Brownies
By May 28, 2012
A delicious spin on brownies, combining the amazing flavors of sweet and salty. Nutella stars to make these brownies the amazing dessert that they are.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- . PRETZEL CRUST . .
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- . BROWNIES . .
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- . . . .
- extra Nutella to frost brownies
- extra pretzels for garnishing
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the pretzels in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until broken up into tiny pieces. Add the sugar and pulse until combined, then pour in the butter. Continue pulsing until combined.
- Press the pretzel mixture firmly into the prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are golden and the crust feels firm.
- While the crust is baking, make the brownies:
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and blend well.
- Add vanilla, salt, and Nutella. Mix until combined
- Add cocoa and flour. Don’t overbeat.
- Pour into pan over pretzel crust and bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes. Or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 45 minutes before frosting with nutella spread and garnishing with pretzels.
recipe adapted from: Bakingdom