We are a split family when it comes to dinner choices. My daughter, if she had a choice, would have spaghetti every night… and I would choose to have Mexican every night… and my husband and son will eat just about anything.
This meal is the best of pasta and Mexican. It is DELICIOUS! I had my doubts… but let me tell you, everyone in my family LOVED this meal!
Chicken Enchilada Pasta
By May 2, 2012
We are a split family when it comes to dinner choices. My daughter, if she had a choice, would have spaghetti every night... and I …
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2-3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 (10 oz.) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- penne pasta
- Cook chicken, drain, and shred (you could use a rotisserie chicken to make it even easier). Meanwhile boil pasta according to package and chop the veggies.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic & red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Next, add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt, & enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes. After you let it simmer, add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Next, add in the sour cream... **DO NOT bring to a boil! Cook on low heat or the sour cream will curdle. Gross. Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through.
- Drain pasta & return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion, and a dollop of sour cream.
(recipe from: Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour)