We LOVE bread in my home!When I saw this recipe for Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks, I definitely wanted to give them a try. These breadsticks are so good, and pretty easy to make! They would make a GREAT side dish to your meal!
Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks
By February 17, 2012
We LOVE bread in my home!When I saw this recipe for Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks, I definitely wanted to give them a try. These …
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes, covered. Mixture should be frothy.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Add to yeast mixture. Add melted butter. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth. Do not overknead!
- Grease a cookie sheet. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Cover the dough and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and once heated, pop in the bread sticks.
- In microwave, combine the following: 1 stick unsalted butter (or 1/2 cup margarine), 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoons salt.
- After bread sticks have cooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake. Bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- Immediately upon removal from the oven brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
recipe from: Full Bellies. Happy Kids.