Nutella Banana Bread

I am in love.

Yes I am in love with my husband….but I am also in love with Nutella. I know crazy right?!

I found this blog called Nutella Everyday and it is filled with recipes involving Nutella.  Oh my! It is getting to be an issue for me because when I see a recipe with it, I must make it immediately.

It was no different for this AMAZING recipe.  It was like two, already great tasting, foods got together and decided to blow everyone away with their delicious powers.  I am talking about the day banana bread met up with Nutella and produced a masterpiece.

Nutella Banana Bread

IMG_7427-3

By Chef in Training October 28, 2011

• Yield: 1 loaf

The BEST way to make banana bread!

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda & salt.
  3. In a separate large bowl, beat sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk and vanilla. Beat until blended. Add flour mixture, beat at low speed just until flour is incorporated (don’t over mix).
  4. Spoon Nutella into a small dish and soften in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of the banana bread batter to the Nutella and stir until blended well.
  5. Spoon Nutella batter alternately with plain banana bread batter into the prepared pan. Swirl batters together with a knife.
  6. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, it will seem a tiny bit undercooked but that’s what makes it good. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

recipe from: Nutella Everyday

cutting board from: Gray Crown

Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

This looks sooo yummy!Jennywww.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

I too am in love…..with Nutella! I could eat it by the spoonful! Sigh. :) PS I'm having my first ever giveaway today. Come check it out! :)

Yum. Just pinned and tweeted this!

Looks amazing!

Wow! That sounds amazing. 2 of my favorite things in 1! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh, please, don't do this to me, I can't resist Nutella…and with banana..delicious…

Clearly I'm going to have to try this. There is no option. :D

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} says:

Yum! What a great combination! I'll have to try this one for sure.

Nike@ChooseToThrive says:

Well crap. Finding your blog is going to mess with the whole counting calories thing :)

Stopping by from the tater tots and jello link up…

Wow this is amazing! I love nutella and bananas so I'm definitely going to have to try this! And probably take a look at all your amazing recipes

Dianna
    dianna-the-explorer.blogspot.com

I just wanted to say that I made this tonight and its SO good! I featured it on my blog and linked to you.Diannacraft-a-spell.blogspot.com

Pure genius! Can't wait to try some of the other recipes too!

Pure genius! Can't wait to try some of the other recipes too!

My love of Nutella has turned into a bit of an addiction. I can't walk down the isle without grabbing it. I'm making a nutella swirl pound cake tonight!

This is in the oven right now for tomorrow morning. It smells AMAZING right now! Just took a quick peek at it and it looks great!

Well, it's supposed to be for tomorrow morning… I can't stop picking at it, it's delicious!!

Looks AMAZING! So glad you reposted this on facebook or else I would have missed it!

I will be making this in the morning. I was looking today for a recipe like this. Thank you!

Wowwww
    This cake really looks amazing!

that looks amazing – I’m going to have to make this soon!

I have to try this. I love love love nutella!! And I have a granddaughter that will flip for this.

This. Is. Amazing. I’m trying this for sure!!

Hi there. I found your Nutella Banana bread post on Pinterest, which I will try. I also browsed through your blog and got to read on your tips and also on how you started your blog. Thank you for sharing your story which inspires me all the more to start my own blog. I will definitely bookmark your site on my Favorites tab. – Sonia

I made your Nutella Banana Bread today and it’s wonderful. I posted a link to your site for the recipe.
    Martha

Charlea Finley says:

This is amazing!! Just finished making it! Easy, quick (other than the hour it takes to cook) and no more wasted bananas!

Thank you so much, for your inspiration’s…..Your recepies are easy enough for me to make…..And I just loooooove my Nutella…..so glad I found it here in the States…It’s like having a little bit of Home (Germany) here with me!!!

If the bananas are ripe enough the sugar can be completely left out. Just like a 3/4 cup of Nutella is way to much for my taste. I used 3 Tablespoons. Way too sweet otherwise. But the texture is great.

I just made this. It was absolutely DIVINE. Top 10 thing I ever baked.

I am baking this recipe and the 8 x4 loaf pan is way too small. A lot of batter leaked out of the pan and onto the floor of the oven. I would suggest at least a 9 x 5 or larger loaf pan.

I just made this…smells delicious, but my bread “fell” in the middle and seems to be not done in the spots where the Nutella is….did I possibly add too much Nutella? I baked for 55 minutes and let cool for about an hour before transferring onto cooling rack

I made this last night and served it to my kids for breakfast. The bread is delicious but there is way too much nutella. I must not have swirled as much toward the edges of the pan, so those spots had a smaller (just right) amount of Nutella. The middle ended up as a gooey, super sweet mess. I might make this again but will probably use about 1/4 c. Nutela.

Very nice cake. I love banana and nutella together.

margie pinson says:

Loved it! I used peanut butter instead of the Nutella, only because my daughter in allergic to tree nuts. It is so yummy. I love reading your blog and making your recipes. Never disappointed

This looks fabulous! Has anyone tried substituting the flour to make it gluten free? I’d love to try this!

Hi there, this looks delicious! I am thinking of making the recipe in mini loaves for Christmas treats. Do you have any suggestions for cooking the mini loaves? Sadly, I’m not much of a baker!

This is a nice twist to banana nut bread. Who doesn’t LOVE Nutella?! I discovered it is best to grease pan instead of spray. Very pretty bread, too. Great gift!

made this the other night with my 5 yr old for dessert. It was a very moist and flavorful bread and was a great hit. even my non-banana bread eating husband had a generous size piece.

Thanks for sharing this

I just made this and added about 3/4 cup of coconut. This bread is absolutely delicious!

Just made it… incredible!

i just wanted to say THANK YOU for sharing this recipe! a friend of mine posted it and i am about to serve it up to my family! it smells delicious and looks amazing!

Really Nikki?? I so love your posts but oh my!! Nutella and Banana Bread?? Now I’ve got to make this! Sounds sooo good….thanks for consistently posting such yummy recipes!

I would use a 9×5 loaf pan next time, my batter is spilling out! However it did smell good while baking….until the bits on the oven floor began to char :(

I made this bread and it was AMAZING. I used it to make French Toast…. covered it in pure maple syrup…. IT WAS AMAZING! :D <3

By no stretch of the imagination does this batter fit into a 8×4 pan. It’s in my oven now and thank goodness I had the foresight to put a baking sheet under it because it’s a goopy, sloppy mess. It was way too much batter for that size pan–a 9×5 would have been perfect (and I followed the recipe to a T). I hope this saves someone a horrible looking mess in their oven. I just hope something is salvageable.

Oh, and now that I looked at your picture, you did use a 9×5 pan (I can tell by the shape). You may want to fix your recipe to help others.

I made this today it turned out perfect! The whole house smelled of banana bread and it came out chewy and wonderful. Definitely a keeper! Thank you for this recipe :)

Wowzer!! This recipe is amazing! It was super easy and by bible talk group loved it! In fact they loved it so much, I didn’t have any pieces left and had lots of requests to make it again! So with the family coming to town the next day I had to whip up another batch! Yummy yum!

Love Nutella and bananas. Looking forward to trying this !!

Laurie L. says:

The pan size is way too small for this recipe. Use a larger pan than the 8″ x 4″ one!!!! You will have a huge mess in your oven & a possible oven fire if you don’t use a larger loaf pan. This happened to me, so learn from my mistake!

oh my goodness! thanks for sharing your story and I am so sorry this happened. I just changed the pan size.