S’more Krispy Treats

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!

Even though these don’t have rice krispies in them, that’s what they remind me of so that’s what I am going to call them. They are so good and such a yummy way to have a S’more!  My mom serves these as after school snacks and everybody LOVES them!

S’MORE KRISPY TREATS (or S’more Golden Graham Treats)

1/4 cup butter
1 (10 oz) bag regular marshmallows
1 box of Golden Graham cereal
1-2 cups Chocolate Chips

In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.  Add marshmallows and keep stirring until the marshmallows completely melt and you get a marshmallow sauce.  Remove from heat.

Add Golden Grahams and stir until they are all well coated.  You can chose to crush some up before adding them if you want some smaller pieces.  Next stir in chocolate chips.

Grease a 9×13 pan and press S’mores down.

Once they are all pressed down and cooled, drizzle with some melted chocolate chips over if you would like for a prettier appearance.  I forgot to in my picture, but I think they still look pretty without!

Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

These look soooo good! My kids will LOVE them!I'm hosting a link party and I would love it if you would drop by Jane Deere and link up to Fusion Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy projects, tips & tricks, and how to's! { open through Wednesday! }http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

Oh my goodness!!! Okay, it's no secret that I'm completely in love with any and all kinds of cereal treats, but my aunt used to make something like this with Golden Grahams when we were kids. I had completely forgotten about them! YUM!!!!

YUMMYYY! I want some of this right now!!!

I see s'more anything and I am game! This looks terrific. Definately marking for future reference.

My sister and I have been looking for a recipe for this for a year now!!! We didn't know what they were called to google it! Thanks so much for sharing cannot wait to try them!

Golden Grahams makes cereal bars, just like these. They are delicious! Good idea!

I would eat the entire pan of these. They look delicious!!!

Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It says:

Yum, yum! Those look really good!

MrsBartee.com says:

How do I get the choc. chips not to melt? They are still delicious though!

OMG! I love Golden Grahams and this looks delish!

Jen-CraftOManiac says:

HELLO THERE- YOU HAVE BEEN FEATURED ON COM for Super Saturday Spotlight Talent Show. WA-HOO! well done. winks-jen

I made this tonight for LSU football game/11 year old's birthday party…..omg…….what a hit!!!!!

So good! Thanks for sharing!

AMAZING!! Can't wait to try them. making them tomorrow :) Thanks for the recipe

Yum! I think I'll try this this weekend. Perfect Fall dessert!!!

Handmade by Hilani says:

What a WONDERFUL recipe! I can't wait to make these! I just added it to my sweets, fav recipes on my blog. :)

I love smores!!! Nom Nom Nom! Thanks and this is so awesome!!!

What is magic shell that you could dribble over? Never heard of magic shell.

Made these, LOVE THEM!!!!! I was craving smores and found this recipe and was very happy with how quick and easy they were, not to mention SO TASTY!!!!

Just made these. How did I manage to ruin a perfectly good sauce pan. :( P.s. They taste great but aren't nearly as cute as yours.

Never mind! Got my pan clean! :D

I too couldn't do it without the chocolate chips melting. It looks like a mess, but I think it will still taste good. Not sure what I did wrong. Followed directions step by step.

For those who had problems with the chocolate chips melting…..I waited about ten minutes after stirring the marshmallows into the cereal before adding the chips. I also put my chocolate chips in the freezer about an hour before, so they were cool when I added them in. I had perfect looking chocolate chips!

How long do these last? Does anyone know?

Everything on here looks so good. I would love to try all of them.

those look yummy!my blog – http://www.sincerelycheyenne.blogspot.com

These are sooo delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

Thanks for the help on the melting chocolate chips. I am going to try the "wait ten min and freeze the chips" tip. I just made these and they are so messy looking but my five-year-old loved them so much he was humming while eating. lol

Yum! I'd love to have some of these..you should come stop by my blog and check out my homemade snickers!

It's a chocolate ice cream topping that hardens. You can find it where you find chocolate syrup.

This is the kinda treat I would just mix up in a bowl and eat with a spoon, for those times when I don't like to share…

thanks for sharing, daughter loves golden graham bars but we can't always find them, now we can make our own

How big of a box for the golden grahams?

So simple and very yummy!

So this didnt quite work the way you said it would. We followed the directions however trying to melt all the marshmallows made the butter burn even though it was only on medium heat. It made the marshmallows taste odd.

I loved this so much, I had to share it on my Monthly Newsletter: http://hilanimade.com/welcome_files/monthlynewsletter.html Thanks for making great things, and sharing for all to enjoy. :) Have a great Mother’s Day!

what size box of cereal???

So, I made these last night and my chocolate chips ended up melting into the mixture. Is there suppose to be a “cooling period” before adding the chocolate chips? I removed the pan from the heat, but I’m wondering if I should have done the stirring in a separate bowl. They still tasted great :) but the presentation is definitely not as pretty as yours. Thanks for the recipe!

Christy says:

I just made these and they are great! I accidently bought cinnamon toast crunch instead of the golden grahms, but have concluded that it still tastes great!

Christy says:

I forgot to mention that I dropped them onto wax paper to make little clusters instead of putting them in a pan. Perfect for little individual servings.

chinamelum menakaya says:

I’ve always wanted to know how to make this, so thanks for posting the directions! What kind of grease do i use on my pan? is the spraying oil ok to put on the pan or I have to use grease?..you know of the names of different greases i can use? thanks:)

Daylee Richards says:

I would suggest adding the chocolate chips on top of the ceral/ marshmallow mixture so they dont melt. And maybe tring real grahm crackers instead of golden grahms.

I had a 16 oz box of golden grahams and used about 2/3 of it. So I would say use a 10 oz box.

Found this via Pinterest and I can’t wait to try it! Thanks so much!

LeeAnnMStein says:

Just made these! Wish I would have read the comments about how to prevent the chips from melting. But they still taste great! And my marshmallow cream isn’t pretty and white. I felt it could have used more or maybe I’ll try not melting them too much next time.

Wish I had read comments first too. I dropped on wax paper…do you leave room temp to cool or put in fridge?

I just made these and they are fabulous! I purposely melted the chips in with the marshmallows and it made a yummy chocolate coating for the cereal! Several family members said it was the best thing they’ve ever eaten!

I cant get golden graham cereals or crackers is there anything else I can use instead

This looked sooo good, I made it at 3am this morning! I melted about 1/4 cup of peanut butter with the butter and marshmallows just because we love PB. YUM! Will make it like yours next time, and will cool the mixture a little longer before combining with the cereal as some of the chips were starting to melt. It’s a keeper!