Bubble Up Enchiladas

Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!I am all about quick dinners, especially when those dinners are healthy, too! We really enjoyed this meal!It is also a weight watchers recipe, so who wouldn’t love that?!BUBBLE UP ENCHILADASfound recipe on: Recipe DiariesNutrition  Info: Calories 390 | Fat 11.5g | Carbohydrate 36g | Fiber 2g | Protein 33gServes 6Weight Watcher Recipes 6 points (old points)1 pound ground turkey1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce1 can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits1 ¼ cups shredded low fat Mexican CheesePreheat oven to 350 FBrown Turkey and drain juices if neededPour and mix enchilada and tomato sauce over browned turkey.Cut refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir into meat mixture.Dump into a greased 9X13 casserole pan and bake for 25 minutes.Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake for an additional 10 minutes.Let stand for 5 minutes.Enjoy!Linking up to these parties and here

Comments

Ooh, thanks for sharing this, I'm definitely going to try it soon! Looks great!

Yummy! I make one called Bubble Bread Pizza with the same concept, just with spaghetti sauce and mozzerella cheese. Can't wait to give this one a try!

This looks like a dish I would eat way to much of. Oh well, I'm going to try it anyway. Thanks!

We made this one too! It was a hit with everyone. I did make it in a 9 x 13 and it was fine. ~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

If this tastes as good as it looks, I will be one happy mama!

Oh my this looks delish! So much so that I wish it was sitting on my kitchen table when I get home..ha ha

Looks fun! I have a bubble up pizza recipe that is similar. :)

I love how easy with sounds–and no soggy tortilla – definitely a must try!

I wish Hubs wasn't doing the low-carb thing, I would definitely try this!

What a gorgeous looking dinner!I would like to try a vegetarian version of that :)

Looks very yummy. I am now a follower. I hope you will come follow me! Thanks

Yuummmmmmm!!Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Success http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Looks good. Will definately give it a try.Karan

Came over from A Southern fairytale; this looks really yummy. I'll have to save it for the fall when temps drop below 100!

Yum! I like your variation. :-) Thank you for linking up at Joy of Desserts.

What a lovely post! It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing:)Hope to see you on my blog:)

Believe it or not, a spanish friend of mine is here for the summer and she made enchilada once, just like this one! It was AMAZING. Your recipe has been saved for the generations!___call Nepal

Fun recipe. Looks good. Thanks for linking to TMTT.

Looks and sounds yummy!! Can't wait to try it!!http://www.sugarandspiceandallthingsiced.com/

Looks delicious! I think my family would love it!

Hines-Sight says:

This looks great. You look as if you have some great recipes. I found you from Gingersnaps today.

I'm doing a link up on August 1, and the link will be open for awhile. It's on meal planning made easy. My goal is for bloggers to link up recipes, meal planning tips or best practices so that we can meal plan in August in a snap.

My blog has some details. Hope you join me.

Leigh

Wow those look amazing! I am always trying to find something new to make for my fam. New follower from the hop. Stop by and see my fondant recipe and I would love for you to follow back. http://tootsabellarose.blogspot.com/2011/07/marshmallow-fondant-for-cake.html

Carrie Mayer says:

That does look delicious! And easy too!

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating says:

Should have know that something this yummy looking was from you! :) I already pinned it….thanks for linking!

Stephanie says:

That looks tasty! I never would have guessed how few ingredients are in it and how simple it is! I love mexican food!

Rainbow Bekah says:

You had me at 5 ingredients honey!!! LoL My family looooves Mexican food, so I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

Elizabeth says:

Yummy! Thanks so much for linking up to Made With Love! I'm featuring you on my FB page today! http://www.facebook.com/SewChatty

Sabrina says:

Looks really good!
    Dropping by from Fun To Craft to let you know I'm your newest follower :) And I will be back very soon :)

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves says:

looks yummy!

Jenn Erickson says:

My mouth started watering the moment I read the title of this post. And it's a Weight Watchers recipe? That's music to my ears (and a relief to my thighs).

Roz from 'la bella vita' says:

Hi Nikki, I am so impressed with this enchilada recipe! I just love your blog too! This was chosen as one of the FEATURED blog posts from last week! So if you like, please stop by and check it out, grab the button, and share 2 or 3 recipes this week. Thanks again! (I'm already a follower and hope you'll follow back if you don't already!) Have a lovely weekend!

WithAShotOf_Brandy says:

This looks just absolutely delicious! I will have to give it a try. I hope that you will stop by on Thursday and link up some of these great recipes! http://www.withashotofbrandy.com

ladybehindthecurtain.com says:

Your recipe looks amazing! Please join in on the fun and come over to Cast Part Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

Lisha @ DeLovely Life says:

We make this all the time, at least twice a month. It's a favorite in our house. Super easy and tasty. Thanks!

I made this the other night and it turned out great! I used a 9X13 pan, and cut the biscuits into smaller pieces because I thought the chunks in 4ths were too big. I managed to get about 10 servings from it, but more like 8 if you went back for seconds. I am definitely making it again in the future!

I made this when I had several hungry teenaged boys to feed. They descended upon it like hungry lion cubs! They loved it! I was pleased because it was easy and so very economical—feeding hungry boys isn't always this easy! Thank you!

Hi! This inspired me to make a version using whatever I had in -I made 2-person serving using chopped, pre-cooked chicken breast, salsa and 1/4 recipe homemade buttermilk scones w cornmeal added. A completely different creature, but very nice!

that is some of the best looking food I have ever seen….great job and thanks for sharing…

This was delicious. This was my first healthy cooking dish of 2012 and was yummy. Will be making again. Love your site!

I tried making this the other night and the biscuits that were mixed in didn't cook and were a totally doughy mess. The ones towards the top were ok. Did I do something wrong? Were the biscuits supposed to be pre-cooked?

I am making this dish now, its in the oven, i hope it turns out as good as it looks:)

This looks and sounds delicious..can't wait to try it.

Do you know what the weight watcher points are for this?

So do the bisquits really cook through?

The new Points+ for this is 10. It's really good, but very high points. :(

I have made this twice now… the biscuits cooked all the way through for me, I used the reduced fat wheat ones… maybe you didn't cook it long enough?! I would look at the time on whichever kind of biscuits you buy and make sure they are cooking at least 1.5x that length!

Just made this for my family. It will become a staple in our recipe rotation! Excellent!

Just made these and added a bag of frozen Mexican veggies (corn, beans, onions, etc.) for more volume, and only a few extra points. I also only used 5 of the 8 biscuits in the can, and that was definitely plenty. It cut the points plus value down to 9 per serving. I made six large servings. These don't taste very much like enchiladas, but it is a tasty recipe!

OMG-how much do I LOVE mexican food! Definitely gonna try this!

Just made. Only used 6 of 8 biscuits and added 1/2 cup of chopped red onion, 1 whole green pepper chopped, 3 Tbsp of Sriracha, 1 can of diced roasted tomatoes and used one whole large grilled chicken breast instead of turkey. Not sure about the correct translation of WW Points but it is DELISH!

Made this tonight. My first time ever using ground turkey. Ever. And my super picky eater went back for seconds. SCORE! Thank you! It was delicious!

Weight Watchers Points Plus Value = 10 points

Thank you for sharing this recipe. We tried it Friday night, but we added onions and black beans and I'm so glad we did because it was delicious! We will be making that again soon.Thanks again for sharing,Chelseahttp://motherhoodisntfortheweak.blogspot.com/

I used shredded chicken breast in place of the ground turkey, and fresh salsa in place of the tomato sauce. Also added a few jalapeno slices. It was delicious!!

wow.. I don't think I would want to use 10 points on an average day for this, but maybe something special…

Found this through Pinterest- & made it tonight (added onions & taco seasoning to the meat). It was absolutely AMAZING— worth EVERY single one of the Weight Watchers Points (10 points plus.) You get a gigantic amount of food in one serving. Definitely a new favorite. Thanks!

I just made this recipe tonight and my family loved it! I used whole wheat reduced fat refrigerator biscuits, black pepper, and added 1 onion and fresh spinach. I cooked the onion with the turkey and added the spinach at the end of the cooking time for the turkey until it was just wilted. I will definitely make this again! Yummy! Thank you!

I will try this.

Is there noone on here that can make a simple dough? and why was there dough in enchiladas? I swear if Escoffier was here to see this, he would poop his pants.

I added black beans & seasonings. I also used crescent rolls as I did not have biscuits. It turned out soooooooo yummy!!

Are the biscuits like Cresent rolls? I'm making it now…using crescent roll dough…hope this is right.

10 per serving under the new points plus

I made this last night. It went over well with the kids. My small town grocery store didn't carry reduced fat biscuits, so I just bought another kind. It would've been helpful to know what oz. size can to use. I used a 10 oz can and it turned out well, but I may use a Grands size next time, because the picture looks puffier than mine. Quick and easy weeknight meal!

Ummm, ummm, ummmm!

There are people who don't cook in the "traditional french method" as Escoffier would promote. I think this recipe was geared toward the easy weeknight meal for busy families…also if it would be weight watchers friendly a simple dough would be too many points.

how many servings are in this?

how much is a serving for 10 points plus points?

nevermind i found it :)

This was an awesome recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us. I added some black olives, green chilies and sprinkled the top with green onions when it came out of the oven. I used your Cafe Rio chicken in the recipe. My husband and I both loved it!

Current point system = 9 points per serving

Siversen says:

I made this last night w hamburger and I added sliced black olives and some petite diced tomatoes also I used wheat biscuits, my hubby loved it! It was super yummy! Thank you! Also pinned it!

Made these last night adn they are amazing! Recipie was so easy to follow and took no time at all!

where are the directions for the Bubble Up recipe?

Hi, I figured this up on my Weight Watchers online page and came up with 10 points total under the new points system…just thought I’d share that with you! Its yum!

Any idea how many new points this is…?

Yuk! Made this and it is like eating a biscuit with ketchup.

How many servings is this dish? I can’t figure the ww points plus without knowing how many servings this is. Can you help me?

I just made this tonight and it was amazing :) Thanks!!

Are the biscuits suppose to be cooked? I thought refrigerator biscuits where the ones that came in a can? I put them in raw and even after 60 min in the oven they were still raw in the middle. We ended up eating with mexi-rice and picking some of the turkey out – threw the rest in the garbage – what a disappointment.

Do you cook the biscuits first, or is it the dough in fourths you’re adding to the mixture?

I made this for my family tonite and it was loved by all! VERY easy to make (as I made it while talking on the phone). Definitely a keeper! Will try the bubbly bread pizza one Rachel mentioned. I mafe the Million Dollar Casserolea couple if weeks ago and there were no leftovers dang it! Thank you so much and I am so glad I found this website!

Awesome recipe i am eating it now. I was wondering if there were any ideas on how to add rice to this?

I just made this today. My parents were coming over so thought it would be great to try. I added diced green chilis, onions, corn and fire roasted peppers. It was so good I couldn’t believe it. The only thing confusing was it said to use biscuits and to cut in quarters. I used reduced fat croissants and the recipe I had said to spread out along bottom but at the end of recipe it said to stir in with meat sauce. I did the first option and it turned out fine. I cooked for 1 hour though and then let sit for 20 min to set up a bit as it was so juicy. I will definitely make again. It’s worth the 10 points !