Texas Roadhouse Sweet Rolls and Special …

I LOVE Texas Roadhouse and one of the reasons I love it so much has to do in part of their AMAZING rolls and special butter.  I could fill up on these alone!I came across this recipe and had to try it out! This roll recipe may not taste exactly like their rolls, but it is delicious never the less and pretty simple to make!  However, this special butter in my opinion tastes pretty darn close to theirs.TEXAS ROADHOUSE SWEET ROLLS1 pkg. active dry yeast1/2 cup warm water2 cups milk1/2 cup sugar6-8 cups flour2 Tbsp. melted butter2 whole eggs2 tsp saltActivate yeast in warm water with a tsp. of sugar.While yeast is activating, scald milk and cool to lukewarm.Once yeast has doubled in volume, add yeast, sugar, and milk to a large bowl and enough flour to make a medium batter.  (medium batter is about the consistency of pancake batter).  Beat thoroughly.  Let stand alone until light and fluffy.Add melted butter (which has been cooled), eggs, and salt.  Beat well.  Add enough flour to make flour to form soft dough.  Sprinkle small amount of flour on counter and set down on it to rest.  Meanwhile, clean out the bowl and grease clean surface down with crisco.  Place dough in bowl and flip over to grease the top as well.  Knead dough until smooth and satiny.Cover and let rise in a warm area until double in size.Once double in size punch down.  Turn out on floured board.  Divide into portions for shaping and let rest for 10 minutes.  Once dough has raised, shape dough into desired forms.  Place on greased baking sheets and let rise until doubled.Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes.SPECIAL BUTTER1/2 cup butter1/2 cup powdered sugar1/2 cup honey1 tsp. cinnamonBlend all ingredients together at room temperature.Spread on rollsEnjoy!(recipe from: Meemo’s Kitchen)linking up to these fabulous parties!check them out!

Comments

These look delish!Ashleywww.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

Oh my…I am such a carbivore! I go to T.R. JUST to eat these rolls! Thanks for the recipe, I will have to try it!Thanks for stopping by my blog too! I can't wait to look around yours and try all these great recipes. I love to cook :)xoxo

Thanks for inviting me over and I am now following you back. You have some great recipes and I can't wait to try some!The Farm Girl

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just recently went to Texas Roadhouse for the first time. Their rolls were delish! I will have to try your recipe and many other recipes of yours.

These sound great, the butter DOES sound amazing and I totally want to try it! Thanks!

YUM YUM…Texas Roadhouse Butter is the BEST!! Thanks for sharing the recipe secret! Thanks also for becoming a follower at saving4six.blogspot.com . Right back at ya!

Oh thank you for posting this!!! The closest Texas Roadhouse is 4 HOURS away!!!!! I will be making these bad boys very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

These look so good! I love the butter recipe too :)Jenwww.dishesandsocks.com

Danie B. says:

Girl, you need a "share" button on here! I love the bread at Texas Roadhouse. Can't wait to try this recipe!

You're amazing! I'm saving this recipe because i absolutely LOVE Roadhouse rolls :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters
    P.S. I'm following you now!

I absolutely love these rolls! This recipe is a keeper. I've got to try it. Thanks.

Jordan McCollum says:

OH yum!! TFS!

Shore Girl says:

They look delicious! I've made honey butter like that, but never added cinnamon — can't wait to try it sometime!

ohhhh yum!!

Jessica @ My World - Made By Hand says:

Oh my gosh. You have NO idea how excited my husband will be that I've found this…thank you SO much for sharing!

Poor Badger Creations says:

Looks YUMMY! I totally pinned this to my pinterest board! =)

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} says:

Restaurant rolls are always delicious aren't they!? These look good! Thanks for linking this up too!

Chrissy says:

YUM! That is my favorite thing at Roadhouse! Thanks for sharing :) Visiting from TT&J

These look soooooo tasty! Wow – my family would love these! – Jenn @ Social Salutations

I'm putting this on my list to make this week…we LOVE TR rolls and butter. Yummy!!!

Hehe… this recipe definitely caught my eye. :) My hubby and I are big time fans of Roadhouse and their sweet, buttery rolls!

Visiting from the Creative Bloggers Party & Hop over at Create with Joy!Your rolls look and sound absolutely wonderful! I know my family would enjoy them!So pleased to "meet" you!New follower,Jenn/Rook No. 17

They look simply delicious!Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!Hope you have a great week!Jill @ Creating my way to Successhttp://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

I'm definitely going to try these! You did such a great job! Mariaraising4princesses@yahoo.comhttp://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

Oh my, this will get me and the bf in trouble. We LOVE Texas Roadhouse! Now if we could just find their crouton recipe, I'd be set for life!:)Meganwww.CutTheCraft.com

oh my now these would be delicious with so many dishes yummy come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! was just talking to someone about their rolls just the other day bc i love them so much! thanks for sharing!

Erin F. says:

Definitely bookmarking this one! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you on facebook :)

Erin @ Art+Food+Life

Sweet Peas and Bumblebees says:

I LOVE fresh bread…I think I could probably eat every one of them in the basket! =) Thanks for posting the recipe, it looks delicious!

~Briana

starsandsunshine says:

My sister is a vegetarian, but Texas roadhouse is still one of her favorites because of the bread! I'll have to try to make these for her :)

Kristin says:

i love the bread at texas roadhouse… yay! :D

thanks so much for linking up to mangia mondays!

-kristin

SuperSaverMama says:

Must.share.this. YUM.

allison @ itstoilegood.blogspot.com says:

So glad you shared this! LOVE these things! Would be so flattered it you linked up to WWWW! http://itstoilegood.blogspot.com/2011/06/wwww-3rd-times-charm-partay.html

{nifty thrifty things} says:

Ooh, I love Texas Road House rolls! Unfortunately we don't have any in Germany.. So I might have to try this recipe one day! ;)
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty things} last week!
    I hope to see you again tomorrow! ;)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

allison @ itstoilegood.blogspot.com says:

Hey lady! These were so fab, I'm featuring them today at WWWW!

Oh my gosh. My pocket book got a little bit thinner (and my waistline a bit more rounder)…LOVE.

itstoilegood.blogspot.com

Looks veeeeery appetising! Will make sure to bookmark your blog! Thanks.

___
    International call

Ooooh…another great looking recipe I'll have to test out on the family! Looks fabulous and we LOVE rolls. Blessings,Rosannhttp://www.christiansupermom.com/

thanks! these are delicious! I used powdered buttermilk to replace the milk & they turn out awesome every time. and that cinnamon butter is TO DIE FOR. Found you on pinterest. thanks!!sweetteeth.blogspot.com

These do sound yummy but as the wife of a Texas Roadhouse manager with access to the raw ingredient recipe for these rolls, this is nothing like the rolls that we make. Also, the butter has no sugar in it at all. Just an FYI. Keep up the good work.

just for FYI …they use brown sugar not powdered sugar at Texas Roadhouse in the butter…also honey in the rolls.

The honey cinnamon butter is exactly how it sounds… honey, cinnamon and butter. I have worked at Roadhouse for almost 4 years.

Jena Alfaro says:

Recipe sounds great but just a suggestion, its very hard to read you might think about putting ingredients in list format then the instructions underneath.

will definetly try this one~

Sally T. says:

Thank-you for this recipe and the butter~love all of your recipes.