College was some of the best years of my life. I was lucky enough to keep the same roommates for the three years I was there. They have become some of my dearest and closest friends. Every Sunday, we would take turns doing “Roommate Dinner”. There were 4 of us, and each of us was in charge of one week of the month. My roommate, Steph, was known for this dish. I never got the recipe from her before she left on her mission, so I kind of invented my own version. It is FANTASTIC!
It is now a household favorite and I am constantly getting this request for dinner from my husband.
If you are a mom, or a wife that needs to make a meal in a crunch, you know casseroles are one of the easiest dishes to make!
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
By March 16, 2011
An easy, fast and delicious dinner!
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen broccoli
- 1-2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese separtated
- Ritz Crackers crushed
- Cook broccoli in salted water according to bag directions.
- Place the broccoli in a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
- Heat the milk, cream cheese, garlic salt and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese over low heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
(Sometimes, I microwave the cream cheese for a minute or so until it is soft, then put it in a saucepan along with the other ingredients and cook until smooth and warmed through. It helps cut back on some time.)
- Pour 1 cup of sauce over the broccoli.
- Next add the chicken into the pan and pour rest of sauce over it.
- Sprinkle the top with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.