Oh my goodness…. I have an OBSESSION with this Eclair cake. It is absolutely DIVINE! And guess what?!..it is SO simple to make! It does need to refrigerate it over night, so plan accordingly. This is my go to recipe for parties and get togethers. Everyone ALWAYS asks for the recipe… well, I am going to let you in on the secret so you can impress your friends and family, too!
By August 13, 2010
Oh my goodness.... I have an OBSESSION with this Eclair cake. It is absolutely DIVINE! And guess what?!..it is SO simple to …
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages Vanilla Instant Pudding mix dry
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 12 oz. cool whip
- 2 (14.4) oz packages graham crackers
- - FROSTING -
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Blend milk and vanilla pudding packets for about 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- In a 9x13 pan, Layer graham crackers to cover entire bottom of pan. You may need to cut and shape the crackers to fit nicely.
- Poor half of pudding/cool whip mixture on top and level.
- Put another layer of graham crackers to cover entire surface. Cut and shape crackers accordingly.
- Put the second half of pudding/cool whip mixture on top and level.
- Put the final layer of graham crackers on top with bumpy side down. This will help the top look more smooth when you go to put the frosting on top. Once again, cut and shape crackers accordingly to avoid pits and cracks.
- FOR THE FROSTING: Microwave butter and milk just enough so that they are melted together. You do not need to boil it. Add cocoa and powdered sugar and blend together. This will be a runnier frosting/glaze. Pour over top of graham crackers and smooth out nicely.(**I usually double the frosting recipe)
- Refrigerate overnight and Dig in!