Hi Everyone! Kathi’s back to share a fabulous cookie recipe with all of you today. Alright, I am not going to be talking in the third person to all of you anymore ;).
I feel like it’s the time of year where almost everyone is looking forward to spring/summer, but it still seems so far off. The holidays are far behind us, Easter is a few weeks away and winter seems to be lingering on (at least here in Minnesota). Needless to say, I’ve spent much of my time in the kitchen lately. Coming up with delicious recipes to distract me from the snow and cold. Because who doesn’t like to think about chocolate and cookies instead of some seriously cold weather?
I’ve been experimenting with cake mix quite a bit lately. I might be late to the party, but I’m totally hooked. So when I spotted another box of chocolate cake mix in my pantry the other day, I knew I wanted to quench our cookie cravings with a unique, scrumptious and super easy to prepare cookie creation.
Not only does it not get easier than this, it also doesn’t get much more indulgent. These chewy cookies are simply perfect and surprisingly not at all cake-like.
The Rocky Road Topping, aka chocolate and marshmallow mixture, makes the cookies absolutely irresistible and quite impressive to look at. I can’t think of a single person who wouldn’t happily grab one or two of them.
Every last crumb was devoured in no time. And we’re not at all regretting every single bite we took!
Hope you give them a try!
- 1 box (15.25 oz) chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups milk or semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening or unsalted butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped pecans or peanuts, optional
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together chocolate cake mix, oil, and eggs, for about 1-2 minutes. Add chocolate chips and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Once cookies have cooled, combine milk or semisweet chocolate with shortening in a heatproof bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted. Let chocolate cool for a couple of minutes. Fold in marshmallows and nuts, if using. Spoon desired amount the rocky road mixture onto each cookie.
- Melt almond bark in the same way as the chocolate, except don’t use shortening. Using a spoon, drizzle almond bark over each cookie. Let cookies sit for 30 minutes at room temperature or until set.
This recipe was created by contributor, Kathi, from Deliciously Yum
You can find Deliciously Yum at: