When I was in Jr. High, I took a Home Ec. class. This was the first time I really ever made a recipe with myself. This was one of those recipes and it was obviously delicious enough to withstand the tests of time :)
These cookies are SO easy and fun to make! Kids love them because of their fun waffle shape. My mom would make these for after school snacks for us growing up. I make them when I need a quick chocolate fix! They really are super good!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar, add more as needed to reach desired consistency
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar together in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Ad salt, cocoa and flour and mix until well combined.
- Place 4 teaspoons of batter onto each waffle quarter on waffle iron. Best if not using a belgium waffle maker because of the depth. Cookies will be super crispy.
- Cook 1 to 1½ minutes. DONT OVERCOOK. Time may vary depending on heat of the waffle iron. Take out carefully with fork and repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt butter and milk together in a microwave safe bowl until completely melted. Add vanilla, cocoa and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.