Spinach Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
One of my new years resolutions is to cook a homemade meal more often. I know what you are probably thinking, ‘with a cooking blog, don’t you ALWAYS have a home cooked meal?!’… well, no actually lol! Sometimes, if I am baking desserts for the blog, I am so tired of cooking that by the time of dinner rolls around we opt for the simple options. Don’t get me wrong, my family definitely sees a great deal of home cooked meals, but I would like to frequent that a bit more.
Pasta dishes are so easy and, 9 times out of 10, my kids are more willing to try them and then proceed to devour them. I love sneaking in veggies when and where I can, and this one was especially fun to do!
We had this meal just before Christmas and we called it Christmas dinner because it is red and green. My kids got the biggest kick out of the theme and gobbled it right up… right along with the spinach and tomatoes ;)
If you are looking for a meal packed with flavor and awesome ingredients, but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen- give this one a try! I absolutely love this meal!
- 16 oz. box rigatoni noodles, cooked and prepared according to package directions
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 6-8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken
- 3.5 oz bag of julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- olive oil for drizzling
- Combine spinach, parsley, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and place in a food processor. Grind down until pesto paste is formed.
- Combine cooked pasta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 cup feta and spinach pesto in a large bowl. Stir to evenly combine, coat and mix in ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle top with ½ cup crumbled feta cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
The first thing I thought when I looked at these photos was what a greazt pre-Christmas surprise this would be for the family. It looks delicious.
Averie @ Averie Cooks
I love pesto AND sundried tomatoes! In fact I would probably go around and pick them out and hog them all for myself :) Pinned!
I just wanted to let you know that for some reason I can't pin any of your recipes in Chrome. It works fine to pin in Firefox. I love all of your recipes and always pin them, but I have to change over to Firefox to do so, just thought I'd let you know... Maybe it's just me, I don't know:)
Hi there, Im having a bbq for 16 people, want to make this as a side dish, should I double this recipe or does it make quite a lot? Thanks
Leave a Comment