S’more Popcorn… This is coated in the most delicious ooey-gooey marshmallow-caramel and then garnished with graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips and more mini marshmallows for the perfect finishing touch! It is one highly delicious and addictive snack!
Fall is approaching and summer is quickly coming to a close. Which makes me so sad. One of my favorite summer treats happens to be a s’more. That’s where the idea for this S’more Popcorn recipe blossomed from. It truly is fabulous and such a tasty snack food!
School is back in session for us and one thing I am trying to do is to always have an after school snack when they walk in the door. I feel like there is a limited time right after a child gets home that they are the most willing to talk about all the many details of their day. They still talk about it after, but while its fresh, I feel like that is when the really good talks happen.
My mom always made it a point to have an after school snack waiting for us when we got home. We ate and talked and it was some of my most favorite time with my mom.
This S’more Popcorn is the perfect munchy food and my kids and hubby when nuts over it! It would make a fabulous treat for anytime really though, not just after school ;)
It has a gooey marshmallow-caramel coating that is incredible. Then coated with graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows- it truly is one delicious and addictive treat!
- 16 cups popped pop corn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large sauce pan melt butter. Add brown sugar and cook until dissolved. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Pour over popped popcorn and gently stir until popcorn is well coated.
- Evenly sprinkle graham cracker crumbs, slowly and little at a time, gently tossing in-between sprinkling to evenly distribute.
- Pour popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread out. Cool for about 20 minutes and then add chocolate chips and marshmallows. Carefully mix in and serve.
This was really really good. I recommend that you use unpopped popcorn and pop it yourself. I popped a bunch of microwave bags but it looked so pathetic that i made a special trip to the store for oopping corn fresh. That shriveled up yellow mess looked unworthy of that luscious marshmallowy caramel sauce. Anyway, the finished product puts crunch 'n munch to shame!!
Marsha @ Marsha's Baking Addiction
I'm totally making this for family movie night next weekend! :)
Leave a Comment