Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy
Turkey is a traditional Thanksgiving and sometimes Christmas recipe.
Unless of course you are my father-in-law. Then, it could possibly be a weekly recipe :)
To be honest, the thought of cooking a Turkey stresses me out. You may remember my raw meat storing from here. This recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey and Gravy is super easy and so delicious! My family loved it and I’m sure yours will too!
- 6 lbs. Turkey Breast, thawed if frozen
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Turkey broth from slow cooker
- 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup COLD water
- Lightly spray a 5 or 6 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season thawed Turkey Breast with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour ½ cup chicken broth over turkey and place lid on top.
- Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or until turkey breast is cooked through.
- When Turkey is done, Remove turkey breasts, carve into nice slices if desired and place on serving tray and cover with foil to keep heat trapped while you prepare gravy.
- Strain out any excess meat or fat from slow cooker broth. Then pour into a large sauce pan. Add an additional can of chicken broth to pan. Bring broth to a boil. Once broth is brought to a boil, combine COLD water and cornstarch, and stir to combine. Pour into boiling water slowly, stirring to combine. Continue to stir until mixture bubbles and thickens to desired consistency. Remove from heat.
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel
OMG, Nikki, this looks fabulous! I am making Christmas dinner this year and I wanted to do a "practice Christmas" a couple weeks ago since it was my first time roasting a turkey. I haaaaaated man-handling the turkey's giblets and neck (blaaaah). This is SO much easier, nicer to the turkey :) and looks tasty! I definitely want to snag this idea for the future.
Love this, Nikki! I might have to give this a shot this Christmas!
Aimee @ ShugarySweets
Looks awesome Nikki. I have a recipe for Slow Cooker turkey and stuffing. Reminds me I want to make it again soon!!!
Did you use a bone-in turkey breast or boneless? This looks yummy!
Chef in Training
I used bone in for mine, but boneless would work too!
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
I may have to make this for Christmas..... ;)YUM!
maria @ close to hom
Never have tried turkey in the slow cooker, looks great Love for you to liink this up to friday food frenzy Holiday wrap up linky party of recipes and crafts when you get a chance! http://www.stayingclosetohome.com/2012/12/friday-food-frenzy-holiday-wrap-up-all.html
Great recipe. Thank you.
So simple! Loved it!
Can this be made with legs thigh orwings?
How long would you cook for a 3lb breast?
Btw I love all your recipes! Some sites are hit and miss but I have never made anything of yours we didn't like
This was amazing - made it last winter and of course didn't write down the recipe. Why, I had it pinned right? Haha
For some reason the recipe isn't showing? Could you post it again please? ☺️
Chef in Training
Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It should be fixed now. Please let me know if it's not! I am so glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing!
You say to pour the cornstarch mixture into the boiling water. Did I miss something? Do you mean pour it into the boiling broth? Thank you for the recipe. It looks delicious and easy.
Leave a Comment