Everything you love about Sloppy Joes baked into a delicious pie that is packed with flavor and super simple to make! This will quickly become a new family favorite!
Sloppy Joes always seem to be a go-to meal around my house. My husband goes crazy for them as they are very meaty and filling. My kids also love them and the mess that comes with it.
I love creating and discovering new spins on classic recipes.
Story time about this particular recipe.
SO this was actually one of the first recipes my mom ever invented as a new cook. She would make it often for us growing up and we always devoured it.
I love the simplicity of it and how quickly it comes together! It got rave reviews all around our dinner table and will definitely be one I make more often for my own family. It had my picky eaters coming back for more, which is a huge win in my book.
I hope you love this as much as we did!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 envelope Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
- 10 ounce can refrigerated biscuits
- 2 Tablespoons cornmeal
- 1¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, corn, water, seasoning mix and ketchup. Heat mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer while preparing curst.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spay a 10 inch pie pan with vegetable spray.
- Separate biscuits and slightly flatten with your hand. Dip each biscuit in milk and then in the cornmeal. Place biscuits around the edges and on the bottom of pie plate. (Biscuits will form a flower petal like shape around the rim of pan.)
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Pour meat mixture over the cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes and then add the remaining cheese. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.