SECOND CHANCE!! Duncan Hines Spring Bake Contest
Remember when you had the chance to win a trip with me to Parsippany, New Jersey on 9/20/13 – 9/22/13 to visit the Duncan Hines Test Kitchen?!
Well, now you get your second chance!!!
Duncan Hines is giving 10 more people the chance to win that trip!!! Go check out their
for more details on how to win! You could join Chef Joe and Duncan Hines’ passionate bloggers (like me) for a behind-the-scenes baking weekend! If you didn’t win the giveaway, here is your second chance to win and join us out there!
What are you waiting for?!
To find out how to enter, simply visit the Duncan Hines website for more details.
Ten (10) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive the following: a 3-day/2-night trip for the winner to Parsippany, New Jersey on 09/20/13 – 09/22/13 (travel dates subject to change by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion), including a baking class with Duncan Hines chefs (“Event”), round-trip coach-class air transportation for winner from a major airport(s) near winner’s residence to a major airport near Parsippany, New Jersey (airports selected by Sponsor), standard hotel accommodations for winner (single room/double occupancy; hotel location and other accommodation details determined by Sponsor), ground transportation to/from airport and hotel and hotel and Event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Each Grand Prize: $1,200. Total ARV of all prizes $12,000. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Tickets awarded as part of a prize are subject to the terms and conditions stated on such tickets. See Travel Restrictions below.
All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All prizes claimed will be awarded. Limit one prize per person/Facebook ID.
- CONTEST TIMING: The Contest begins at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on April 29, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 PM ET on June 10, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest invites Eligible Participants to submit an original recipe including Duncan Hines™ frosting creations™ and Duncan Hines® cake mix (the “Entry”). Entrants are encouraged to submit a photograph of the finished product (“Photograph”) with their Entry, but the submission of a Photograph is optional and no Photographs will be judged as part of any Entry. The Contest will consist of three (3) Phases: During Phase 1, which will run from 12:00:00 AM ET on April 29, 2013 through 11:59:59 PM ET on June 7, 2013 (“Contest Period”), Eligible Participants will have the opportunity to submit their Entry for consideration in the Contest. During Phase 2, which will run from June 7, 2013 through June 17, 2013 (“Judging Period”), each Entry will be scored by a panel of judges and the thirty (30) top-scoring Entries (“Finalists”) will move on to Phase 3. Up to a maximum of thirty (30) (as determined by Sponsor) top-scoring Entries will be declared Finalists (each such person a “Finalist”). During Phase 3, which will run from June 18, 2013 through June 25, 2013 (“Winner Determination and Notification Period”), the thirty (30) top-scoring Entries will be judged by a Duncan Hines chef and the ten (10) top-scoring Entries will be declared winners, subject to verification and compliance with the Official Rules.
- PHASE 1 -‐ HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Contest through the Duncan Hines’ contest application on the Facebook platform. To access the Duncan Hines’ Contest application, you may go to Facebook.com/duncanhines, click the “Like” button and then click on the “Contest” tab and “allow” the application in order to access the Contest via Facebook. Or, you may enter at Duncanhines.com/springbake. To enter the Contest, you must be a member of the Duncan Hines Bakers Club. To become a member of the Duncan Hines® Baker’s Club, which is a free registration, visit http://duncanhines.com/bakers-club.To enter the Contest, Eligible Participants must do all of the following during the Contest Period:
(1) Complete and submit the Contest entry form by providing the information required. Eligible Participants must acknowledge that they have read and agree to the Official Rules and Recipe and Photo Upload Terms by checking the box that appears on the entry form.
(2) In the space provided on the entry form, submit a recipe prominently featuring at least one (1) Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ flavor and at least one (1) Duncan Hines® cake mix. Include the name of your recipe. See Rule 5 below for Recipe Requirements.
(3) Using links provided on the entry form, entrants have the option of uploading a Photograph of the prepared recipe, but no Photographs will be judged as part of any Entry. The Photograph must be in either JPG or PNG electronic formats. must be 455 wide by 300 pixels tall and no more than 5mb in file size; cannot exceed 4000 pixels in width and 3000 pixels in height.
Each Entry must be submitted online in accordance with these Official Rules and received by 11:59:59 PM ET on June 7, 2013 in order to be considered. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest. There is no limit to the number of times an Eligible Participant may enter; however each Entry must be unique in content.
Entry submitted is subject to the Recipe and Photo Upload Terms, which are incorporated herein by reference.
SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRY THAT THE SPONSOR FEELS IS INAPPROPRIATE, OBJECTIONABLE AND/OR INCONSISTENT WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE POSITIVE IMAGE AND/OR GOOD WILL IT WISHES TO PROMOTE IN THIS CONTEST.
ALL ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL ENTRY MATERIALS AND PHOTOGRAPHS SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST ARE SUBMITTED ON A NON-CONFIDENTIAL AND NON-PROPRIETARY BASIS AND MAY BE USED BY SPONSOR, ITS AGENTS AND SUBSIDIARIES, FOR ANY NON-COMMERCIAL OR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST.
Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged, or misdirected Entries. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. If a dispute results as to the identity of an Entrant, it will be determined that the Entry was submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook ID from which the Entry is made. For these purposes, the authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to a Facebook ID by Facebook.
- RECIPE AND PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS: Your recipe must be original, and must be in the English language. Your recipe must include the name of the Duncan Hines® frosting creations™ product used in the recipe and the name of the Duncan Hines® cake mix used in the recipe, preparation time, number of servings, ingredients needed (generic names only), preparation instructions, utensils and cooking time required. Ingredients must be commonly available for purchase in ordinary US food stores and stated in exact standard US measurements in order of use. Instructions must include step-by-step preparation and cooking and/or assembly instructions, cooking times, and cooking heat levels. Recipes containing alcohol will not be considered. Your submission of Entries and Photographs is also subject to the Recipe and Photo Upload Terms, which are incorporated herein by reference.
- PHASE 2 – JUDGING PERIOD: During the Judging Period, all eligible Entries will be judged by a panel of expert judges based on the following criteria: originality and creativity– 50%; taste appeal – 50%.Judging will be performed by a panel of judges selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The thirty (30) top-scoring Entries will be declared Finalists and will move on to Phase 3. Up to a maximum of thirty (30), as determined by Sponsor, top-scoring Entries will be declared Finalists (each such person a “Finalist”). Becoming a Finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in the tie will be reviewed by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate Entries according to the criteria listed above. If a tie persists, then the Entry that scores the highest in taste appeal will win. Decision of judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Finalists will be determined on or about June 17, 2013.
- PHASE 3 – WINNER DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION PERIOD: During the Final Judging Period, the thirty (30) top-scoring Entries will be judged by a Duncan Hines chef applying the judging criteria stated above and the ten (10) top-scoring Entries will be declared winners, subject to verification and compliance with the Official Rules. In the event of a tie, the Entries involved in a tie will be reviewed by an additional judge appointed by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, who will serve as a tie-breaker and who will evaluate the tied Entries according to the judging criteria listed above. If a tie persists, then the entry that scores the highest in taste appeal will win. Potential winners will be notified via U.S. mail and/or overnight mail and/or email on or about June 25, 2013 using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where legal, a publicity release and a federal and state tax release and return same, properly executed within five (5) days of issuance of notification via regular U.S. Mail. Failure to return any or all documents fully-executed within the specified time period, Sponsor’s inability to contact any potential winner for any reason after a reasonable attempt, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and a runner-up may be selected. Limit one prize per person/Facebook ID, regardless of how many Entries are submitted by a person/Facebook ID.
- PRIZES: Ten (10) Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive the following: a 3-day/2-night trip for the winner to Parsippany, New Jersey on 09/20/13 – 09/22/13 (travel dates subject to change by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion), including a baking class with Duncan Hines chefs (“Event”), round-trip coach-class air transportation for winner from a major airport(s) near winner’s residence to a major airport near Parsippany, New Jersey (airports selected by Sponsor), standard hotel accommodations for winner (single room/double occupancy; hotel location and other accommodation details determined by Sponsor), ground transportation to/from airport and hotel and hotel and Event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Each Grand Prize: $1,200. Total ARV of all prizes $12,000. Actual value of trip prize depends upon the city of departure, time of travel, any airfare fluctuations and on current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded. Tickets awarded as part of a prize are subject to the terms and conditions stated on such tickets. See Travel Restrictions below.All taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All prizes claimed will be awarded. Limit one prize per person/Facebook ID.
Winner must be able to travel on itinerary and dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Winner must sign travel release prior to traveling. Trip is subject to air/hotel availability and confirmation of reservations; certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. The trip may not be combined with any other offer. Airline and flight times to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. One or more stopovers may be required on air transportation. Air transportation, if applicable, and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice and in seat locations determined by Sponsor. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner must confirm available travel dates and flight times selected by the Sponsor within five (5) days of prize notification. No extension or change of trip dates permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner’s possession. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Each winner must comply with all Event venue, air carrier and airport, accommodations, ground transportation and other applicable rules and restrictions; failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Winner must possess valid ID and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, rbb Public Relations and Tenthwave Digital LLC (“Contest Entities”) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Contest Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Prize components cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer, and no portion may be separated except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-‐inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or prize travel documents. All fees and expenses not specifically included in the prize description above (including, but not limited to, additional ground transportation and airline expense, taxes, fees, gratuities, meals and insurance) are responsibility solely of winner.
If Event and/or any other portion of a prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, the remainder of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. All other prize details are determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees are the responsibility solely of winners.
- By submitting a Contest Entry, Contest entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Contest Entries in connection with this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or promoted by the Sponsor, and that such Contest Entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other Contest Entries submitted in connection with this Contest and/or other contests sponsored by the Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or other materials developed by the Sponsor. Entrant waives any and all claims entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any Contest Entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the entrant may be similar to his/her Contest Entry, or that any compensation is due to entrant in connection with such Contest Entry or other works used by Sponsor. By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant hereby grants permission for the Contest Entry to be posted on Facebook or other websites. Contest Entrant agrees that Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Contest Entry.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES: Each entrant represents and warrants that: 1) he/she is the original author and creator of the Entry and Photographs and that the Entry and Photographs comply with these Official Rules and Recipe and Photo Upload Terms; 2) the Entry and Photographs are original, have not been previously published and have not previously won any award or Contest; 3) the Entry and Photographs do not and will not infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; 4) that the Entry and Photographs are not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; 5) the Entry and Photographs are not obscene, offensive, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, contain illegal content, or otherwise objectionable; 6) the Entry and Photographs do not encourage a criminal offense or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; and 7) the Entry and Photographs does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or any 3rd Party. Entrant acknowledges that nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and Sponsor. In no way is entrant to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of Sponsor in any respect.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, TENTHWAVE DIGITAL LLC AND EACH OF THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, LAW FIRMS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS AND FACEBOOK, INC. (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-‐RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY ISA COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged or stolen Entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, whether caused by the Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Sponsor may void any Entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after July 15, 2013, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 15, 2013, to: Duncan Hines Spring Bake Recipe Contest Winners, P.O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Pinnacle Foods Group, Inc., 399 Jefferson Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 207W, Melville, NY 11747.
Leave a Comment