These are super simple cookies filled with a gooey caramel-chocolate ROLO center, coated in crushed pecans and drizzled with additional chocolate and caramel. These are truly AMAZING!
I love this time of year! The holidays, the music, the company and of course the holiday baking! Are you already diving into your holiday baking?
Cookies are my go to when baking treats for my neighbors, family and friends. I am thrilled to be partnering up with HERSHEY’S today to bring you these tasty cookies!
This recipe starts out with a basic cake mix cookie that I have used since I pretty much began my journey in the kitchen. The base cake mix cookie was actually given to me by my grandma. It is so simple and the chocolate cookies are soft, delicious and perfect each and every time!
I jazzed it up with the appearance of pecans caramel, chocolate and ROLOS. ROLOS are one of my family’s favorite chocolate candies and one of my favorites to bake with as well. These cookies are so soft and filled with a chewy caramel-chocolate center. They are rolled in finely chopped pecans and drizzled with delicious smooth chocolate and caramel. It truly is a heavenly bite each and every time.
These cookies are beyond simple to make. I was even able to get my kids involved in the fun. My son loved being able to help me in the kitchen. I put him in charge of unwrapping all the ROLOS and he had a blast! He loved being able to help mommy make up a special treat.
An important note when making these cookies is to NOT OVER BAKE THEM. They may seem a little undercooked when you pull them out of the oven, but that is perfect and exactly how they are supposed to seem upon first pulling them out.
Once they have cooled completely, that is when you drizzle the on the chocolate and caramel. This was another fun job for my kids :)
These cookies are sure to be a hit for your holiday treats this year or whenever you feel like an ooey gooey delicious cookie!
- 1 box devil's food cake mix, dry, not prepared
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 30-36 ROLO candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ¾ cup HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Baking Pieces
- ½ teaspoon shortening
- 15 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 Tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil together and mix until well blended. Dough maybe slightly on the stickier side.
- One cookie at a time, roll dough into a small 1-inch ball. Flatten with palms of hands and place one unwrapped ROLO chocolate in the center. Wrap dough around ROLO, sealing it in.
- Roll cookie dough ball in finely chopped pecans to completely coat. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat for a dozen cookies per baking sheet. You should get between 2.5 to 3 dozen cookies depending on how big you roll your balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Let cook on cooling rack for a minute then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, make drizzles.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is smooth and melted. Be careful to stir and watch so as not to over cook chocolate. Drizzle over the tops of cooled cookies.
- Melt unwrapped caramels and heavy cream together in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring in between each increment until caramel is smooth and melted. Drizzle over the tops of cookies.
- Let cookies stand to let chocolate and caramel drizzles firm up.
This post was sponsored by HERSHEY’S. Thank you so much for supporting our sponsors. All opinions expressed are my own.