After attending the Duncan Hines event a few months ago, I couldn’t wait to try out their new seasonal Holiday Velvets Cake Mix. I adore cake mix brownies and knew that that was exactly how I wanted to use the cake mix! These Duncan Hines Holiday Velvet brownies are fabulous! Have your seen this incredible cake mix at your local grocery store??? I can’t get enough of it. I decided to turn this fun cake mix into layered brownies. The end result was cute, delicious and super festive for the holiday season.
If you are looking for a cute holiday treat to give out, these are perfect!
- 1 box DUNCAN HINES Holiday Velvets, dry
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 6 Tbsp. evaporated milk, divided
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, more if needed to reach desired consistency
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- Pour the two bags of cake mix into two separate bowls.
- Add ½ cup of melted butter to each of the two bowls.
- Add 3 Tbsp. evaporated milk to each of the two bowls.
- Beat/stir the two bowls until they are each evenly mixed.
- Press Red Velvet brownie batter onto bottom of 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes. Pull out of oven and evenly sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
- Using hands, flatten the green velvet into flat thin sections and lay over the chocolate chips. Repeat until entire top is covered with the green velvet and all the batter is used.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through. You don't want to over cook.
- Let brownies cool then frost.
- TO MAKE FROSTING: Beat softened butter, milk, powdered sugar and vanilla until well mixed. Add more milk or powdered sugar as needed to reach desired consistency. Top with sprinkles if desired.