Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Rolls with Salted Caramel Frosting… could there be a better title in the world? No. Probably not.
Cream cheese, pumpkin and caramel were meant to be together. Each bite is perfection. Soft, gooey, creamy center with a perfect pumpkin flavored bread then slathered with melting salted caramel frosting. This is quite the experience.
These are fantastic! The filling really makes them unique and sets them apart from any other pumpkin cinnamon roll you may have tried before. Put these on the fall must-try list! You won’t regret it!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons yeast
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3½ cups flour
- 4 oz. cream cheese, filling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a microwave safe large bowl, heat pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, sugar and salt for a minute or so until butter is almost melted. Stir to combine ingredients. Add yeast and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add 1½ cups flour and egg and begin kneading to make a nice soft dough.
- Gradually add salt, cinnamon and remaining flour until a nice stiff dough forms.
- Knead for about 6 minutes on a lightly floured surface until smooth in consistency.
- Place in a greased bowl and cover.
- Let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan and set aside.
- Roll risen dough into a 12x10 inch rectangle and spread filling over the dough.
- Roll jelly-roll style starting with the longer side.
- Cut into 12 slices about 1 inch thick.
- Place rolls into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover again and let rise an additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Melt Butter, brown sugar and milk in a medium sauce pan. Cook and stir over medium low heat for 1 minutes. Take off heat and stir in powdered sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Drizzle over rolls.
(recipe from: Taste of Home)