Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes!
I love french toast. With the words “Creme Brulee” in front of it, you know it is going to taste AMAZING!
We had my parents at our house for breakfast the other week and I made this wonderful breakfast for them. My mom declared it to be her favorite french toast that she has ever had! Try it out and see for yourselves. One of my favorite things about this breakfast is that it is an “Overnight” meal, meaning you make it up the night before, let it sit in the refrigerator and then plop it in the oven and let it cook in the morning. All the work is already done for you!
Overnight Creme Brûlée French Toast
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 loaf french bread cut into 12 thick slices
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan melt butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup over medium heat until smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture onto large, greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1"). Spread around to cover surface.
- Place 12 slices of bread in a single layer to cover pan.
- Mix together eggs, cream, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. Spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve.
- If not serving immediately, turn each slice of bread over (this will prevent bread from sticking to the bottom of the pan).
recipe from: Six Sisters Stuff