This is one of those recipes that I have been contemplating how to best describe how delicious it is to you. I wish I could tell you how incredible this recipe really is. It has quickly become one of my favorite meals. I am IN LOVE with them. They are packed and “stuffed” with such incredible flavor! The tomato is cooked perfectly and is so juicy.
My sister, who can be quite the picky eater, dubbed this to be one of her favorite dinners. If you have some big tomatoes that you need to find a recipe for, give this one a try! Your whole family will go crazy for them!
- 5 large firm tomatoes
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¾ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is heated, add garlic and mushrooms.
- Sauté mushrooms until tender. Add spinich, cook until wilted. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In separate bowl add ricotta, bacon, basil, tyme, mix together. Add drained and cooled muchroom mixture to ricotta mixture and stir until well combined.
- Slice the top off the tomatoes and gently scoop out the inside of the tomatoes. Stuff the tomatoes with mixture and place in a sprayed 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.