Mini BLT Pizzas
Hi Chef In Training readers! I’m Holly Lofthouse and I blog over at Life in the Lofthouse. I am so happy to be here today, to fill in for Nikki, while she spends every precious moment snuggling her new baby!
To tell you a little about myself, I’m a mother to 3 amazing kids and married to my best friend. By day, I work as a recipe creator for Pillsbury and also work passionately at making recipes for my blog. By night, I’m helping with homework, doing laundry and trying to get dinner on the table. Being a Mom to 3 definitely makes life busy! lol But I genuinely love to cook and I share all my kitchen adventures at my blog, Life in the Lofthouse. You’ll find a lot of family-friendly, easy recipes there.
Today, I thought I would share a simple recipe, perfect for those busy weeknights! I don’t know a kid (or adult!) that doesn’t love pizza, so I make these mini pizzas all the time, using convenient refrigerated biscuit dough.
These mini pizzas are so versatile and can be made a million different ways! We love this simple BLT version. It’s loaded with chopped bacon, slices of tomato and the sauce is made from ranch dressing! It is packed with flavor and so yummy!
- 1 can (16.3 ounce) Pillsbury Grands Biscuit dough
- 1 cup prepared Ranch dressing
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced and cut in fourths
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Remove biscuit dough from can. Spray 2 large baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Take each biscuit dough and roll out into a 6-inch circle. Spread 2 Tablespoons of ranch dressing onto each piece of dough. Top each with 2 Tablespoons Mozzarella cheese, then 4 pieces of tomato. Sprinkle 2 -3 Tablespoons of chopped bacon over the tomato. Then top with 2 more tablespoons of cheese.
- Place 4 pizzas on each baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of crust are light golden brown. Remove from oven. Serve pizzas immediately with chopped romaine lettuce.
A BIG thank you to Nikki for having me here today, and congratulations on your new bundle of joy!
Come check out my recipes over at Life in the Lofthouse
Laura @ Raise Your Garden
I love BLT's. I love pizza (who doesn't)
But the combo. What a kid friendly recipe. Yay. No more chicken nuggets.
What an awesome idea, love these and can't wait to make them for my boys!
Averie @ Averie Cooks
How adorable are these! Love the idea - pinned!
I love new recipes for pizza. My kids would eat it every night of the week if I'd let them. I never thought to use ranch as the base instead of red sauce! Thanks for the idea. :)
This looks amazing and so easy! I'm definitely going to have to try sometime.
You say that you put a prepared ranch dressing down as a sauce.. how do you make the sauce?
I'm wondering the same thing! I bought rand dressing but not sure if it'll taste the same?
Emily @ Life on Food
I am drooling over this pizza. It looks so good. Definitely a man pleaser too. My husband would love this for dinner.
Lindsay Ann @ Lindsay Ann Bakes
LOVE these little cuties! And so genius, using the pre-made canned dough. These look so simple and so delish! I might have to make a bunch of different toppings!
My Mom used to make something like this on English Muffins for my brother and I when we were kids. I will have to try it on the biscuit dough :)
Olivia - Primavera Kitchen
Great post. I love mini pizzas. In Brazil they sells mini pizzas everywhere as a snack. My mom used to make them when I was little. She is still making it for me every time I visit Brazil. Love it.
we in New Zealand don't have biscuit dough in a can, what could i substitute it for ??
I just wanted to thank you for this delicious recipe. I have made this now a few times, and everyone loves it. Today i put some fresh mushrooms on top with a little bit of italian herbs. Oh, it was so good.
Leave a Comment