I am sure we are all pretty familiar with the poplar snack called, Muddy Buddies, or perhaps you call it, Puppy Chow. Today, I am bringing you another form of the delicious snack.
Milky Ways are such a delicious candy bar filled with chocolate-y caramel-y goodness… one of my favorites in fact.
After seeing these delicious looking Three Musketeer Rice Krispie Treats from Something Swanky, I knew I wanted to melt down a favorite candy bar of mine and include it in a recipe, too. Really… how could you go wrong when you are starting out a candy bar?!
Can you just picture it?…
The delicious layers of a Milky Way melt and fuse together to bring you a chocolate with a hint of caramel and nugget. Let me tell you, it is absolutely mouth watering. I think I may have to make a printable warning sign for them because it is so hard to stop. They are really delicious!
Make them. You will be so happy you did! They are so dang good and worth the work out needed to enjoy them. Trust me. Thanks Ashton, for some yummy inspiration! :)
- 8-9 cups Chex Cereal, I used 8 because I like mine more chocolate coated
- 7 regular Milky Way Candy Bars
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, may need more depending on how coated you like it, I always start out with this much and add more as needed
- Measure out Chex Cereal and pour into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and Milky Way candy bars over LOW heat. Stir constantly. This can easily burn so it is important to keep close eye on it and keep stirring :)
- Once completely melted together, pour over Chex cereal and stir and fold it into the cereal to evenly coat. It will be thick, just keep folding it in. It will eventually cover.
- Evenly distribute/sprinkle powdered sugar over the chocolate covered Chex cereal. Stiring and folding to cover evenly.