Be sure and join me on Facebook for the latest updates on new recipes
This side dish is EXTREMELY tasty. We served this for our Mexican Christmas Eve feast and it was a smash hit! It was gone within seconds. If you are looking for a good side for your Mexican meal, this is a great one. Try it out and see for yourselves- your dinner table will be thanking you later ;)
I usually double this recipe and baking in a 9×13 pan and place the 9×13 pan inside a pan larger than it, typically a roasting pan. And because this is my family’s favorite dish for Mexican food, I usually make 2 9×13 pans for larger crowds.
Mexican Corn Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup masa harina
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn thawed
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter.
- Add Mexican corn flour and water. Beat until well mixed.
- Place corn in a food processor and pulse to chop while still leaving corn slightly chunky. Stir corn mixture into the butter mixture.
- In a separate small bowl, combine cornmeal, sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined. Add to corn/flour mixture and stir to combine.
- To cook this, it needs to be cooked in a water bath in the oven. To accomplish this, pour batter into an ungreased 8x8 inch baking pan. Smooth the batter evenly in dish and cover with aluminum foil. Place pan into a 9x13 inch baking dish that is filled a third of the way with water. I find it easiest to do this while the 9x13 inch baking dish is already in the oven to eliminate the spilling over potential when transferring.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Use an ice cream scoop for easy removal from pan.
recipe from: AllRecipes.com