Sweet Potatoes are the star of the Thanksgiving menu for me. I don’t care what else is on the table… it is my absolute FAVORITE! Now, while my all time favorite sweet potato recipe is this Sweet Potato Casserole on my blog, this one definitely takes a close second. The first casserole has a crumb topping and is PHENOMENAL… this one is AMAZING as well and has has sugared pecans and marshmallows…. and butter… and brown sugar… and basically loaded with everything delicious! The orange juice provides just a hint of citrus that compliments this potato recipe perfectly.
These are a hit wherever they go and will quickly become a crowd favorite!
- 10 cups peeled and cubed sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups candied pecans
- Boil potatoes until they are fork tender.
- Drain and mash with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange juice and salt.
- Pour in a 9x13 and top with marshmallows and pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
For more Thanksgiving Recipes,
be sure and check out these: