Mashed Potatoes are my favorite way to eat potatoes. I love how creamy, flavorful and tasty they are.
This casserole takes mashed potatoes to a whole new level.
These poatoes are LOADED with bacon, cheese, sour cream and a variety of seasonings to really jazz up plain old mashed potatoes and make them something extraordinary.
I could not stop eating these potatoes. They actually stole the show at the dinner table and were the first thing to go!
With Easter right around the corner, this Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole would be one fantastic addition to your dinner table. It is a side dish that “wow”s and will be a definite hit with your crowd!
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 slices of cook bacon, crumbled and divided in half
- ¼ cup green onions sliced
- In a large pot, boil potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add sour cream, butter, milk, salt, pepper, bouillon, garlic salt and garlic powder to the pot of potatoes. Mix well.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and half of the bacon.
- Pour potatoes into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Place in oven at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheddar cheese, and bacon. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions and serve.