Jalapeño Poppers are one of my favorite go-to appetizers! I love the heat and cream cheese combo! It is the perfect balance of flavors.
This pull apart bread could not be any easier to make and is a crowd favorite! People just pull off pieces as they want them! Each piece of bread is coated with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and jalapeños- does it get any better?!
If you need a quick and easy appetizer to whip up for game day or your next gathering, give this one a try! Your guests will be so happy you did!
- 10 inch round loaf of french bread or sour dough
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 20 square slices of sharp cheddar cheese cut into thirds, may need more depending on how many slices of bread you have
- 1 (4 oz) can jalapeños
- ¾ cup bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice bread to make ½ to 1-inch sections slicing almost all the way to the bottom of the loaf. Be careful not to cut too far or to cut through. I used a serrated knife and cut on inch slices all the way down the width way of the loaf. Then I used my kitchen sheers to snip the ½ to 1-inch sections on each row, just to avoid any of them tearing off. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, soften cream cheese in 30 second increments, stirring in-between each increment for about a minute and a half until cream cheese is soft and melty.
- Stir in Jalapeños and bacon to the cream cheese.
- Part bread sections at a time and smear cream cheese mixture into the groves of bread slices. Make sure to lather it up on each pull apart side as best as you can.
- Place in a small slice of the cheddar cheese evenly throughout the grooves.
- Wrap bread tightly with foil and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover, then return to oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese is melty.