HERSHEY’S Halloween Spider Bark
This HERSHEY’S Halloween Spider Bark is a must make this Halloween Holiday. This is a recipe the whole family will enjoy creating and eating together. It is perfect for parties and gifts and is as cute as it is delicious!
I am partnering with The Hershey Company today to bring you this ADORABLE Halloween recipe. I am super excited to share this recipe with you because it is an absolute blast to make!
This HERSHEY’S Halloween Spider Bark was the perfect treat to make with my whole family. All of my children were able to take part in creating their own Halloween masterpiece.
We set out all the ingredients and let them have at it.
First we cut up our “Spider Legs” using a bag of TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy. Each bark recipe needs about one strand of TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy. We pulled the strand apart and cut each strip into about ¼ to ½ inch strips. We set those aside.
For the second part, we started out with an unwrapped HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolate. We put a couple dots of melted chocolate onto each HERSHEY’S KISSES Chocolate. Then we pressed little eyeball sprinkles on the melted chocolate. We set those aside and let them dry.
After the prep work was all finished, we started the actual bark. It begins with a bag of HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips melted down to silky smooth, chocolaty perfection.
Then my kids came up with a brilliant idea to make some mummies. We melted down a little bit of HERSHEY’S White Chocolate Chips and drizzle it randomly in little sections. We actually had my mom over at the time and she did not get the vision until we put some cute little eye sprinkles on top and watched each mummy come to life. They were adorable!
But the best part of this bark recipe is the spiders! My kids were OBSESSED with these cute little guys! They kept squealing with delight as each new spider was made and added to the bark. To make the spiders, first you randomly and evenly scatter the “Spider heads” over the melted chocolate.
Next, you place eight of the prepared TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy “Spider legs” around each head, four on each side.
After the spiders are made, you randomly scatter and sprinkle a variety of Halloween Sprinkles.
At this point, I put my cookie sheet with the bark into my freezer until it was hard and set. It is SO much easier to break bark apart when it is frozen. Once frozen, I broke it into a variety of random shaped pieces.
This is a great Halloween treat to give out as gifts or to serve at a Halloween party. It is also a great recipe to make with family and friends.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 6 HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolates, unwrapped
- 12 small eyeball sprinkles
- 1 strand TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy
- ½ cup HERSHEY'S White Chocolate Chips
- 10 large eyeball sprinkles
- Assortment of Halloween sprinkles
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Use one TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy strand and pull each strip apart. Cut each strip into ¼ to ½ inch pieces. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips and 1 ½ teaspoons of shortening and heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each increment until melted and smooth.
- Using a skewer, or something else with a similar shape, dab a bit of melted chocolate on the end and place a couple small dots next to each other on an unwrapped HERSHEY'S KISS. Quickly and carefully place a small eyeball sprinkle onto each dot and hold for a couple seconds until it stays in place. Repeat for each unwrapped HERSHEY'S KISSand set aside to allow to set.
- Pour your bowl of melted HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips onto the center of the parchment paper and carefully spread melted chocolate into a rectangular shape.
- Next, in a small microwave safe bowl, combine HERSHEY'S White Chocolate Chips and ½ teaspoon of shortening and microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each increment until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the bark in five random groups of drizzles in scattered sections. These are going to be your “mummy heads”. It is okay if your drizzles are perfect because that is how the bandages of mummies look. In fact the more imperfect the better. Place two large eye balls in each of the white chocolate drizzles for the mummy’s eyes.
- Next drop the HERSHEY'S KISSES Chocolate “Spider heads” randomly over the top of the bark, avoiding mummy heads when possible.
- Place eight of the prepared TWIZZLERS Pull ‘n’ Peel Candy “Spider legs” around each head, four on each side.
- Sprinkle with an assortment of Halloween sprinkles.
- Put cookie sheet in freezer until bark is hard and frozen and easy to break apart. Once frozen, break bark into random sizes and shapes. Sometimes it is easier to let the bark semi-harden in room temperature, score the bark with a knife first, and then place it in the freezer. It can make it easier to break apart with pre-made score marks.
This post was sponsored by The Hershey Company. Thank you so much for supporting our sponsors. All opinions expressed are my own.
Leave a Comment