Mashed Potatoes are a must have side dish on a regular basis… at least in my house anyway. My whole family loves them and I love when my family eats their veggies ;)
The flavor of these potatoes is truly outstanding. Anything with Garlic and Parmesan is definitely on the must try list. The gravy is equally delicious and the two together provide one of the best side dishes at any dinner table!
You will not be disappointed with these! Definitely give them a try!
- 2½ lbs peeled and cubed potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup parmesan
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 3 chicken bullion cubes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes in a large pot until fork tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, milk and sour cream and beat until creamy. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper and beat until mixed in well.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add flour and stir to form a roux. Add water, milk and crushed bullion cubes. Stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Serve over your potatoes.