Fall is by far my favorite time to cook.
I love turning on my oven more frequently and enjoying the comfort food. Seriously, cooking in the fall makes my heart smile! One of my all time favorite things to bake in the fall is Pumpkin Bread. I cannot believe I haven’t posted a recipe for it yet here on my blog. I was a little shocked to say the least. Everyone needs their go-to pumpkin bread recipe, and this is the recipe I use, which I slightly adapted from Make it Do. I have been making this version for a few years now and my hubby raves about it each and every time.
- 3⅓ cups flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2⅔ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can mashed pumpkin (not the filling)
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after adding each egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients with water. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased bread pans and bake at 325 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.