This meal was almost to easy to throw together! I LOVE Chicken Parmesan…but in the crock pot, I LOVE it even MORE! I found this recipe over at Siggy Spice and My family kept raving about how much they liked this meal and I am sure yours will, too! It has such a great flavor! Both the chicken and the sauce are absolutely incredible! Try it out and see for yourselves!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- Spread olive oil into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg until beaten.
- In a medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with egg and bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of marinara sauce.
- Close lid and cook on High for about 3-4 hours or until chicken is done.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
(recipe from: Siggy Spice)