This Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta is such a flavorful dish. It is packed with perfectly sautéed mushrooms, tender broccoli and beautifully coated, battered and seasoned chicken. It is then topped with the best alfredo sauce. This will be one recipe you visit over and over again!
I am determined to get my kids to eat more vegetables. I need them to eat more vegetables. Whether in a side dish or in an actual dish, I have been incorporating more of them. This Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo is no exception to that. It is loaded with fresh tender broccoli and perfectly sautéed mushrooms. Mushrooms are actually my favorite vegetable. Both broccoli and mushrooms pair well with Alfredo Sauce so naturally this dish came together seamlessly.
Getting my kids to eat their veggies while they are drenched in Alfredo sauce has made it a lot more simpler :) Some of the time anyway.
This Chicken Broccoli Mushroom Alfredo Pasta, although it is comprised of several components that come together to form one dish, was spectacular and well worth the time. It made a lot and we had leftovers over the next few days. It was deemed a winner by everyone in my family.
You need time for the chicken to marinate so plan ahead with this meal. I hope your family loves it as much as mine does!
- 1 box Fettuccini, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, blanched until bright green
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Cayennne pepper
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1Tablespoom flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh Parmesan cheese for a garnish of the top
- In a glass bowl, mix eggs, 2 Tablespoons minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt. Put marinade in a ziplock bag, add chicken, seal and marinate for 4 hour or overnight.
- When ready to make recipe, heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, garlic powder, and Cayenne pepper.
- Remove chicken form the marinade and dredge thouroughly in the chicken flour mixture (Chicken coating).
- Place chicken in the skillet and cook chicken for 3 minutes on both sides. Turn the heat down and cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Clean skillet and then return to the stovetop. Add butter and oil and heat over medium high heat until butter is melted. Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and wisk together for 1 minute.
- Add heavy cream and salt and stir constantly until it comes to a soft boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese thoroughly.
- Return to medium heat and cook for 1 more minute.
- In a large serving dish or a 9x13 inch baking dish, toss together cooked pasta, broccoli, and mushrooms.
- Pour sauce over the top and layer the chicken over the pasta.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.