These cookies were always a staple in my home growing up. My mom would often take them into church events or to neighbors and they always receive rave reviews. The secret to these amazing cookies is the corn flakes. They add a chewiness to the cookie. Combine that with the oats and you have one fabulous textured cookie with each and every bite.
If you don’t like chocolate chips, these cookies are great without them, but I love to throw in some chocolate chips wherever and whenever I can :) I simply thing chocolate makes everything a little bit better!
So if you want to try a new spin on the basic chocolate chip cookie, give these a try! You are going to love them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Add sugar, brown sugar and cream together.
- Add milk, eggs and vanilla and beat until well mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until well incorporated.
- Add oats and corn flakes and beat gently until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.